Brony Discussion Center 116 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Spoilers in the link. Be warned.

These have got to be my favorite background ponies in the show to date. I can't believe they did this. I don't even care how this episode turns out. It's already made me happy.

I don't even know what Mad Men is.

2511740 figured most people wouldn't.

It's a show on AMC about ad men from Chicago circa 1960. It's a period drama, and happens to be a damn good show.

2511727 YES. YES YES YES. Something recognizing Rarity and generosity together, finally! It was about time we got something like this! I'm sick and tired of everyone saying Rarity isn't generous in the show, and I'm really hoping that this episode will prove her Element.

...I just can't shake the feeling that this episode will involve her being too nice and it'll blow up in her face.

2511981 I always hear how people hate it when the ponies act in accordance with their element. As if that is their only defining characteristic. In fact, I'm sure I'll be hearing that after saturday, whether the episode is good or not.

Though, thinking about it, that is a comment I hear around here a lot. So maybe it's just referring to fan fiction.

I hate that too, to be honest. A person's more than their abilities.

2512369 True, but I think it's fine for them to act in accordance with their element sometimes, and likewise even do the opposite depending on the situation. As long as that's not the totality of their character I don't see problem.

Right. I just meant that even the pony bearing the element of generosity could be caught shoplifting with the person bearing the element of honesty. Gets annoying to say that they can't break that mold "because that's what they are". It's one thing if that's their personality, but it's another thing to make that a point "just because".

Funny the thing that makes Rarity interesting is that she is greedy and generous. She wants a lot but she gives a lot. It is a dynamic that is interesting and too many people get caught up doing too much of one.

Actually... considering that they gave up the jewelry at the beginning of this season, it's refreshing to know that they still believe in representing their Element, and that it's more than just a trinket worn around their necks. It's part of who they are.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10