Brony Discussion Center 116 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Recently, NASA's Curiosity Rover has found deposits of clay minerals in the 96-mile Gale crater. What's significant about this is that clay will only form in waters with a nuetral ph; waters that could potentially support life.
What's more, Curiosity also found amounts of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, and phosphorous, elements critical for life on Earth.

What does this mean? It means that, billions of years ago, Mars might have supported life. It also means that Earth may not be the only world to support life.

What do you think of this discovery?

If not, all those people signed up to be martian colonists are gonna be very disappointed, because there is already plans to shoot a man and woman right into Mars' ugly face

One Way Mars Colony Project Draws 200,000 Volunteers

2361092 It leads to a lot of possibilities, but the one that I find most interest in is the possibility of Mars being the next planet to inhabit human life. I have found in multiple (perhaps not entirely accurate, but still fun to read) places that the sun will eventually burn out. Before that happens though it will grow into a red giant, estimated to consume Mercury, Venus and Earth but potentially stopping at just the right distance to give Mars the distance needed to replicate earths atmosphere. Although this may not happen for millions/billions of years, it still gives hope that we will not eventually be consumed by a suns fire. :trollestia:

I think one of those wikileak documents proved that there was basic alien life. I dunno about Martians, though.

It just occurred to me: I just started a thread on whether or not there was life on Mars on a site dedicated to fanfictions of a show about talking pastel ponies.

I think that by that time we'll have left Earth.

2361397 Well, yeah. Probably. But still, never know when a nuclear war will start effectively neutralizing all technology and forcing the human race to start from square one :rainbowwild:

It is a possabilty that mars has life but how can they survive in a airless planet

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8