Brony Discussion Center 116 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

So one thing I've seen a lot of people want is a proper, full licensed game based on the show. Yes we have a mobile phone game and countless fan made games that I would happily pay for on Desura but never a full on console/PC release.

So what would you want to see from it? Do you have any company in mind that you think should work on it and do you have any particular things you would really want to see incorporated?

I know for one I'd like to see it, because if Adventure Time can spawn not one but two crappy cash ins I don't see why FiM doesn't deserve the chance to put out a good game.

It wouldn't work.

The material isn't present for it. A game needs good source material and a unique idea. It is practically impossible to make a game based on a site that has text stories. Roleplay based video games (video games based on user RPs), though, are much more likely to succeed.

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

crappy cash ins

But that's just the problem. The chances of a developer actually taking their time with a MLP game is pretty low because it's a franchise marketed at little girls, and their parents will buy them guys without much thought to how good it actually is.

Plus, MLP doesn't lend itself well to gaming, I reckon, other than some sort of Sim game or a generic adventure game. Ponies would fare a lot better in crossovers and the like, in my opinion.

-JaketheGinger

If one does show up. I'd want it to be an rpg where you create your own character and do quests within the MLP universe.

Uhh, what? A site with text? Last I checked I was talking about a game based on FiM.

2295731>>2295732
Personally I'd give it to TellTale games. After the Walking Dead and now with Wolf Among Us, I think that style of gameplay would really suit FiM.

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

Personally I'd give it to TellTale games.

Yeah, you're probably right about that. Given the source material, and how the company wants to play it off, an adventure game is probably the most likely.

In all seriousness though TellTale seem like the perfect company for it.

the Walking Dead

that style of gameplay would really suit FiM.

a point and click adventure?

Eh...It could work...
You want someone who can build a world to explore. That'd be what someone playing an MLP game would be looking for; the ability to explore Equestria and the neighboring lands.

Either Rockstar or Bethesda. If you want a lot of life in your world, probably go with Rockstar.

I mean that the stories are written with computer text; the main purpose of this site is for "text stories", as Knighty himself said. That is the same here: Video games based off FiMfiction should be based on RPs the users do, such as ones in the OCRP group. Such material is a very good ground for a game, and in the hands of a truly dedicated and determined team, is truly capable of success.

I'm thinking companies that would realistically take it. Rockstar is not only FAR too expensive for Hasbro to shell out for but they'd never work with such a SFW license, awesome as it would be. Also I'd rather see a game that's good and I honestly don't think sandbox games have a good track record outside of Rockstar themselves.

We're talking about making a game based off the show here. You do realise that video games and text RPs are not related right?

I mean source material... And there are plenty of FiM fan games out there. A lot.

Yes, and the source material is rife with ways to make a game. This site has no part in it other than being a way for us to discuss what could be done with it.

they'd never work with such a SFW license

You're working under the assumption that my ideal mlp game is SFW.

Mine would be aimed at the fandom. Lot of teen/adult focused content. Nothing overly explicit. But a little blood and gore here never hurt anyone.:moustache:

Meh, nice to imagine but not going to happen. Also I've never seen a fanwork with tons of blood and gore that justified it, to me it's a lazy attempt at being more adult.

I've never seen a fanwork with tons of blood and gore that justified it

I said

a little blood and gore

Nothing overly explicit

I wouldn't go over the top, like most gorefic writers (myself included, thought that was just me going "fuck it" and writing something). I'd just have something here and there to appeal to the older players. Ya know?

I would want to see an RP style game. Something where you can choose between Unicorn, Pegasus, or Earth pony, and explore Equestria. I would prefer something separate from the show however, I want something with an original story, and interactions.

I don't see the point. Most of the effective "adult" stuff that I can think of kept the violence to a minimum and focused on adult ideas and themes. Adding blood into it isn't necessary.

That would be nice but I can't think of a company I'd trust to make it who would actually take it on. I suggest TellTale because they have a long line of fantastic licensed games.

They're the ones who make the "TWD" games right? They may be a good choice for something like this:moustache:

Walking Dead, Back To The Future, Wolf Among Us, Wallace and Gromit, Sam and Max, Monkey Island. They have a very impressive library.

If only we could get Bethesda, and Obsidian to work on this:derpytongue2: Imagine an Elder Scrolls, or Fallout style MLP game:yay:

Not sure. Personally I like the story and character of RPGs the best and Bethesda and Obsidian have never really impressed in those areas for me, in particular Skyrim had one of the most dull casts and storylines ever in an RPG though obviously that was balanced by the gameplay.

I think I'd like to see a FiM game focus on the world and the characters because otherwise it's at risk of just blending into the crowd of RPGs.

2295722 Personally, I'd like to see a My Little Pony game that's something like Animal Crossing. Or, more specifically, an open world where you can just tool around Ponyville doing day-to-day stuff, maybe some wacky quests could open up that you could take part in, there'd be minigames involved, and you could spruce up a pony's house, buy clothes and accessories to dress them up, maybe get them a pet...all that good stuff.

Also different quests and activities would be available seasonally. Like, in the winter, you could engage in an epic snowball war that involves all of Ponyville.

...the more I think about it, the more I'd flat out want to see Ponyville Online...

Something to think about, Wayforward was interested in making a FiM game. Lots of their devs would love to do it. I think that's the best shot of a decent MLP game being made that's not from the fans.

May I introduce Ponyvania? It is Castlevania but with ponies, right now it is still in development but has playable builds. The game itself plays very much like Castlevania and even features an OC creator!

Link to download

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28