Pony Connections 70 members · 67 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
ladyarcana
Group Admin

I am assuming we're all familiar with the previous incarnation of "My Little Pony"...
So I propose we try and agree on who they are, where they appear, and what makes them unique.

For now lets start with the "Good" guys.
Later we can move into "Neutrals" and later the "Bad" guys.

... interesting question and one that will get some interesting answers especially with G4

2297812 How would this work, exactly? Discussing headcanons, or keeping strictly to canon, or what?

I would say staying in canon

ladyarcana
Group Admin

2297843 2297900 I think we should stay in Cannon,

So we all have a basis to use for personal head cannons.
After all isn't original story cannon the basic building blocks we use to write with?

...alright, FIRE IN THE HOLE!! *BOOM*

Generation one-

Good guys- The ponies;

Wind Whistler (My little pony n' Friends)- The brains of the outfit, goes more on logic than emotions, probably the smartest pony of any generation.Cares about her friends, but does not like displaying emotions at the drop of a hat.

Gusty (My little Pony n' friends)- Speaks her mind, brave to the point of charging in first, asking questions later. Short tempered, and not very afraid of anything.

Fizzy (my little pony n' friends)- Silly goofball, scatterbrained pony who says silly things. Means well, but a little on the air-headed side. Bubble-making ditz.

Shady (my little pony 'n friends)- Low self esteem pony, easily discouraged, but wants to do better.Thinks of herself as a failure, but more capable than she believes.

North Star (My little pony n' Friends)- Explorer of the group, adventurous pony who will leap into adventure or a situation without thinking. Has been to many exciting places, and knows fantastic creatures in distant lands.

Paradise (My little pony n' Friends)- The storyteller, fantasy- loving pony who daydreams of castles and faraway places. Thinks life should be like a fairy tale, and would have no problem believeing in fantastic things.

ladyarcana
Group Admin

2298310 2297900
Megan: a preteen human girl in G1.
She lives "over the Rainbow" bridge.
On a ranch with non-talking: horses, cows, and a bull.
First time encounter with an "MLP" is when a pegasus pony crashes into the well on her aunt's farm.

True/False, what's missing?

That's a pretty monumental task given the size of the cast of certain series (being based on a toy line does that). G1 pretty much has all the ponies as good guys, and there are easily dozens of them, plus Megan and her siblings and the allied races such as the furbobs, grundles, ice orgs, lava demons (minus Lavan), some of the troggles, Cpt Crabnasty and his troops, the Prince who Scorpan became after the Rainbow of Light hit him, etc. G1.5 and G3 was nothing but "good guys," though the actual guys in 1.5 would fluctuate between jerk antagonists and love interests (or both) depending on what the story called for. G4 is a bit more nuanced in that not all ponies are necessarily good, and fortunately we don't have to really list much more than the Mane6, Spike, the princesses, and the Mane6 family members (even then some of them are more neutral or undeterminable). Most one-shot characters are closer to neutral, I'd say, with notable exceptions like Gilda who falls closer to villain (though not irredeemably, IMO) or Cheerilee who is fleshed out enough to give us a good idea that she's basically good. I'd say this would probably take a lot more time to flesh out in detail.

ladyarcana
Group Admin

2299526 Nah, we just ducked for cover.

Note to self us the artillery gag anytime someone uses cannon instead of canon

ladyarcana
Group Admin

Ah, the Princess Ponies: Gen 1 magical guardians of the land. They had metallic cutie marks, along with sparkly mane and tail. The power of their wands was only out done by the magnitude of their vanity. It is also note worthy that they gave the crowns that re-powered them were given to (ugg, not the furbobs but their cousins) protect.
Mostly they keep away from regular ponies. Probably due to their immense power.

2298661 Also, Paradise displayed a certain degree of laziness in The Revolt Of Paradise Estate; first attempting to avoid working on the repairs by reading to some ponies, and then when Cherries Jubilee put her back on track, she was quick to look for a shortcut around the task - thus, the whole incident with the magic paint and the furniture.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14