We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders 343 members · 1,766 stories
Comments ( 61 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 61

Ugh, I don't know how Vinyl manages to talk me into doing these things; I really don't.

*ahem* Good day there. My name is Octavia Melody. I play the cello for the Canterlot Ensemble, and I co-host a talk show on K-COLT Radio. Through some, foreleg-twisting, I've been convinced to open up one of these Ask threads here. So, feel free to ask me questions, but please please please don't make me regret it.

2165019Do we need to ask?:rainbowhuh:

2165094 Ugh, what did I say about not making me regret this? Honestly, some ponies.

What is your relationship status with Vinyl Scratch?

2165157 Oh Sweet Celestia, do I need to spell it out for you? I mean this! Ugh, I just hope this next one is a proper question.

2165164 Somehow, I knew this question would come up sooner or later. Alright, I'll just clear the air here: Yes, there is some truth to the tabloids. That's all you're getting out of me. Feel free to fill in the blanks yourself. Celestia knows I can't stop you.

2165320It depends. Do you need one? This is a Q&A so we can ask you any questions we like and you will give us an answer.:pinkiehappy:

2165320Sorry about Travis, Octavia. He is a smart a$$ some times.
Will I don't think he is.
Night Shade I wasn't talking to you.
Stop saying mean thing's about my daddy.
Glitch! How did you get hear?
Pinkie Pie helped.
PINKIE!
Hi, Slowbro95!
Pinkie take Glitch back ho-
Hay Pinkie have you seen... Thar you are.
Nyx!
Night Shade you better go with your marefriend or else.
Ok.
Pinkie take Glitch home Now.
Okey-dowky-loky!
I'm so sorry, Octavia.

2165636 I, figured. Honestly, I get enough weirdness from Vinyl; I don't need this twit's help. Now, if you or any of your colleagues have a legitimate question, I'll see what I can do about answering it.

2165724I have on-
No. No you dot have a question. Just go back to your lab and make some thing cool.
But I-
No but's just go.
Ok.
Shit they drive me insane! But I have a question. What will you be doing In session 4 of MLP?

2166008 I'm, not entirely sure. I've asked Ms. Harshwhinny if my ensemble could perform at the opening ceremony for the Equestria Games, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Have you forgiven Pinkie for messing you up at the Galla?

2170038 Oh, that? Well, I didn't really get a chance to speak with her again until she and her friends crashed the Garden Party several months later. By then, however, living with Vinyl had desensitized me to absurdity, so it was easier to forgive her; both for the Gala and the Garden Party.

Octavia, what is your favorite classical music piece to perform or listen to?

2192379 That's, actually a tough question. I suppose it all really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Although 12 Variations about Ah, vous dirai-je, Maman will always have a special place in my heart. It's the song I played at the recital where I got my Cutie Mark.

Comment posted by CutieMarkCrusaders deleted Nov 25th, 2013

2165019 How long have you been performing?

2254926 Oh, ever since I was a filly, really. I always had a passion for music. But if you mean professionally, I'd say I got my start after graduating from the Canterlot Academy of Music and the Arts. It was there that I met the members of my ensemble (well, Frederick and Parish, anyway; Beauty Brass and I actually go further back), and we've been performing for audiences all over Equestria ever since.

2518740 Oh, bugger. Not you. I thought I left you at Sonic Bass' place.

"EXPLAIN!"

"EXPLAIN!"

"EXPLAAAAIIIIIN!"

2518783 Explain what, you overgrown rubbish bin?!

2518826 Um, what? You, don't know what a cello is? Well, it's a musical instrument; part of the violin family. It's played with a bowstring while being stood upright.

"EXPLAIN!"

"EXPLAIN!"

"EXPLAAAAIIIIIN WHAT INSTRUMENTS AAAARREE!"

2518853 Um, well. It's very curious that you don't know what musical instruments are, but alright.

An instrument in this context is a special device used to create music. And, if you don't know what music is, that is an expression of emotion through harmonious sounds produced by instruments or by ones voice.

"DALEKS HAVE NO CONCEPT OF MUSIC OR EMOTION! WHY IS IT IMPORTANT! EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN, EXPLAAAIIIN!"

2518881 Well, that's a bit of a subjective question. To me, music is important because it's how I express myself creatively. Not only this, but it's through music that I met all of my friends that are still my closest comrades to this day. I'm, not quite sure how to explain how "emotion" is important, but then again, I've never heard of a dalek before.

"WE HAVE NO CONCEPT OF CREATIVITY! WE ONLY FEEL HATE AND ANGER."

2518921 Um, oookay then. Backing away slowly...

"EXPLAIN!"

"EXPLAIN!"

"EXPLAAAAIIIIIN!"

2519028 Um, are you sure daleks don't feel curiosity, too? Because, well, you sure are asking me to explain a lot of things. Although honestly, I'm not sure how to reason with a robot who only feels hate and anger.

"I CANNOT RECALL MY PRIMARY PURPOSE!"

(Insert someone trying to steal something from house here.)

2519044 Well, how am I supposed to know what your purpose is? Ugh, honestly.

*notices the thief leaving* Um, what are you doing?

"THREAT DETECTED! EXT-ERMI-NATE!" Bad Wolf shouts before firing his laser. The thief stops cold and screams, his entire skeleton visible before the laser stops affecting him and he falls to the ground.

"THREAT EXTERMINATED!"

2519115 Wh-what the bloody hay was that for?! You didn't need to kill him!

Bad Wolf turns his dome to face Octavia and says, "Neither did we need him ALIVE!"

2519187 Okay, you are officially freaking me out. I'm going to run away now. I don't know when I'll stop. Ta! *runs*

"EL-E-VATE!" Bad Wolf shouts as he becomes airborne and flies in pursuit.

2519307 Eek! Get away from me! Get away get away GET AWAY! *continues running*

"WHY DO YOU RUN?" Wolf asks as he easily overtakes Tavi.

2519439 Because you're crazy! You're a crazy robot that kills and hates and I want nothing to do with you! *runs the other way*

Wolf just keeps following after turning. "DALEKS HAVE A CONCEPT OF INSANITY, I AM NOT."

2519917 Just because you don't know what insanity means doesn't mean you aren't insane! Get away from me!

2519950 Well, you're not making it very easy for me to like you! And why do you want to be liked, anyway?! I thought you only felt anger and hatred!

Wolf stops moving and begins to think. Why would he-

Oh no. Oh no.

He's starting to feel emotions, the weaker ones. Sorrow regret- and pain.

(Touch him. Then those emotions are going to truly kick in.)

at least we dont act like the daleks. i am a killer, but at least i have class
so. what is the toughest part of being famous?

2531026 The tabloids. Definitely the tabloids. I wouldn't mind so much except that I'm a pony who values her privacy. Vinyl might be able to shrug it off as more publicity, but I can't.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 61