We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders 343 members · 1,766 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

For those of us who have seen the new episode, we know that the CMC have their marks now. In some threads I have seen people say "they are dead" or "they are no longer relevant." I disagree with this. I think now their role will become bigger, much more meaningful than the typical trying any old thing to get their cutie mark. It was by finally quitting obsessing over getting their marks and expressing a desire to help other ponies, along with Scootaloo saying she'll be happy as long as she can be with her friends. What this episode taught was that helping others and having a desire to do so will be rewarded.

Look at who they felt bad for, look who they tried to help. They tried to help DIAMOND TIARA! DIAMOND TIARA! They tried to help the one pony who has treated them the absolute worst of any pony. The fact that they helped her see that there are other paths to follow than the one which her mother has been grooming her to do probably since birth. I think as characters they have grown quite a bit in just the past year or two and now some people think they are just going to diminish their role in the show? That is foolish thinking. They have grown a lot but suddenly they realize what their true destinies are and they get their marks and some people think they are irrelevant. Simply tossing them aside would be one of the stupidest things the writers could do. I think there are a lot of people, young and old out there than could learn a lot from today's episode and what the likely storyline for the CMC will be one from this point. They aren't dead, this is simply the start of a new journey for them.

Cutie Mark Crusaders forever, YAY!

CMC dead? People are already saying this the day it aired? Wow... Over reaction much? They're goals just changed and now they can explore the lives of other ponies and start making friends outside their little club house. That's progress not death. Probably the same people who said the wings killed Twilight.

4770972 They wouldn't have a scene with Celestia looking at the picture of their club house. For all we know, the next season could be all about them. They might become as relevant as the mane 6.

When you really think about it, you realize how idiotic the fact that people are getting mad over anything in this fucking show really is.

4770972 Who the heck is saying this? People have been wanting the Crusaders to get their Cutie Marks since Season 1! And now that they have them, that's suddenly a bad thing?

Oy vey. There's just no pleasing some people. :facehoof:

4771577 4771702 It's bad when you invest over 2 years of your life writing an epic novel, just to have it ruined by new canon. All that effort, thrown away...

4772914 Don't let it get you down, mate. There's no shame in a retcon. :pinkiesmile:

4773060 Nopony reads retcon. I don't want AU tag.

4774259 I don't believe that. I retconned my own stories The Do Dilemma and Daring Do and the Tiny Tornado based on new events in canon, and people still read them. Canon is only an obstacle if we let it become one. That's not how I roll. :coolphoto:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9