When They Were Young 1,106 members · 125 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
Mr101
Group Admin

Oh look at that! Another contest!

As the month is February, the contest will revolve around St Valentines Day/Hearts and Hooves Day.

For this contest, the theme is mainly about young love. Again, kinda obvious I know but what they hey might as well.:twilightsmile:

This could be anything from Celestia and Discord when they were young or Mr and Mrs Cake telling their foals about their first Hearts and Hooves day when they were young in a flashback styled story.

Again, just like the other contest, same rules apply.

-Rules-

- Just like with posting any story, please follow the rules laid out.

- There is no limit to the word count.

- The submission date starts from January 1st till the 11th of February.

- Please submit the story only into the contest folder, otherwise you won't be added to the contest.

- When posting, please add a link to the group within the description.

- Have fun!

- How it will be judged.

On the 12th-13th of February, the judges will talk between themselves and discuss the winners and pick three. We’ll be looking for the following.

- Pacing
- Feels (if it gives us that warm fuzzy feeling inside what remains of our cold, cold hearts)
- Readability (this is mainly wall-o-text, it’s okay to have a few grammar errors, given I’m not exactly Mister grammatically correct myself. :twilightsheepish: )
- Awesomeness (Because Vexy is such a good judge at this...)

The judges are, (temp)

-Mr 101.
-Empty.
-Empty.

- The prize!

- The top three will be featured in a separate forum post, as well the first place winner getting a spot on the front of the group for the whole of March.

- The 1st place winner will also receive a special blog promotion from myself (Mr 101) with a link to your story as well as your profile.

- And furthermore! The winner will receive a special prize which I'll notify them about with a PM.

Hope to see all your submissions! :twilightsmile:

Disocrd

Discord. Also some commas are missing here and there.

*cough*HOWEVER.
My main question is: Is AU allowed? I've seen nothing about that in the rules...

~Twi

Mr101
Group Admin

You saw nothing....

As for AU, I'll be changing the rules about that tomorow (when I've had a chance to think about them) as I'm going to be adding a few more folders in the coming days.

You saw nothing....

My comment does not exist. I'm an illusion, and the cake is a lie. Sweet, delicious sugary pack of lies.

My hooves are itching to enter this, even if my schedule is already scheduled to be over-scheduled for this year.

But I need to see what the rules about AU say.

~Twi

Mr101
Group Admin

Alright, for you.:heart: I'll give them a revise before I go to bed (so in about two or so hours) and let ya know when I'm done.

I can't wait! I'm going to start writing today! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Oooooooh! Sounds like fun! :pinkiehappy:

Um, I have a question. If I decide to post a multi-chapter story that is still incomplete by the time the deadline comes up, will it still be accepted into the contest? If so then will the chapters that have been posted before the deadline be where the judges make their decision and the later chapters will be ignored?

Just wanna clarify because I wanna do a multi-chapter story.

Time!
Why do you need to be so incredibly cruel?

I completely forgot about all this. Well... Time to fix it...

~Twi

Mr101
Group Admin

As long as the first chapter (or second if you post it) is more than 1k words it will be acceptable to enter. :twilightsmile:

Still have just under three weeks, you're all good me boy.

Okay then! Let the writing of the very cute and adorable comedic romance commence!! (there's a huge difference between a romantic comedy and a comedic romance by the way, not a lot of people understand the difference)

2505854 Because I have too many contests to try I mean fail at, I'll gladly judge! :scootangel:

I'd gladly join!! I have the perfect idea..... :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

What's an AU?

What's an AU?

Alternative Universe

~Twi

Okay, I have submitted a story for the contest. It's not very romancy but I hope you still like it:twilightsheepish:

I can't link the group in the description, may I still join?

Mr101
Group Admin

Long as you state 'Set in the Youngverse' you'll be fine. :twilightsmile:

Is it okay if I take that part off after the contest?

Mr101
Group Admin

Why's that?

Mr101
Group Admin

Okay, not sure what you mean by that:rainbowhuh:. But if you want to take it off after, go for it.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24