The Perpetual Discussion Group 138 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 62 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 62
MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

I just realized, there's not really a place to get to know everyone here. This is that place! I'd prefer if you kept discussions out of this thread, because this one is for socialization. You're welcome to create your own thread for your discussion topic, though! The group rules still apply in this thread.

I guess I'll start.

I'm Midnight Radio Hotline! I'm a transgender female, a sophomore in high school, and something of a pseudo-hipster. I plan on going to college to study astrophysics, and I'll also move to Toronto sometime in the future after college. My favorite superhero is Daredevil, my favorite movies include 12 Angry Men, Inception, and Romeo + Juliet, and my favorite music artists include Death Grips, My Chemical Romance, and Carpenter Brut. My favorite season is autumn. I like dogs more than cats, but I like lots of animals. I used to be a writer, but nowadays I'm more of a visual artist, and I'm getting into music composition.

Well, I'm from Wisconsin, for starters, and I'm currently enrolled in UWM for a film major. I love movies, and my favorites include Wait Until Dark, Ghost, Stalag 17, Rear Window, and Vertigo..

I, too, enjoy winter over spring and summer. :rainbowkiss:

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2185950 Way to take the plunge Froggie!

Anyway, you all know me as AtomicMuffin, but my name is Joel. I am a high school teach in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It's funny because I'm not much older than many of my students. I grew up working on farms raising livestock. My dream in life is to buy some property where I can grow various fruit trees and bushes, breed and train Australian Shepherds, and keep bees so I can harvest honey.

Debonair
Group Admin

I'm Chance, Debonair 13, or D13 I'm like 18 years old with a technical sixth grade education, and a GED I've held for two years. I grew up in suburgatory Enid Oklahoma, one of those small cities, The feel of a small town, in a big city. I plan of going to college to get a psychology degree. But now I'm trying to get by. My favorite bands are, TFK, Nine Lashes, Theory of a Dead Man, Metallica, and Black Veil Brides, I'm a cat person but I love my dog with a passion. I like Mint chocolate chip ice cream. My dream is to have a cabin in Alaska cause I really like the cold.

FamousLastWords
Group Admin

2185950 Hi! I'm Dustin. I'm 21 years old and live in Bentonville, AR, the headquarters of Wal-Mart and home of Crystal Bridges- the only museum dedicated to American art in the world. (Its kinda fun when famous people come visit, but other than that not much happens in my town.) I was previously planned on attending college to study Pharmacy, but due to some health issues i had to leave that behind. I hope to further my education in the near future though.

I love writing, playing video games and music. In terms of games I primarily play JRPG'S, and in terms of music I enjoy post-hardcore, metalcore, and synth-pop primarily. Bands I enjoy include Famous Last Words, A Day To Remember, Born of Osiris, Owl City, Blood on the Dance Floor, Woe Is Me and others.

I'm accident prone, proven by my 6 trips to the ER this year, and I have a love for animals. I have a pet snake and tarantula.

I'm Joe/All of the Above. I'm a freshman in highschool as well, and I like to screw with my classmates by having different opinions. My favorite bands include Disturbed, Thousand Foot Krutch, Red, We as Human, Shinedown, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Lenka, Powerman 5000, and Skillet. Our music choice is actually quite similar. I'm also a dog person and my ice cream flavor of choice is mint chip.

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2185950 Justin P. "Biker Dash" Emery
Older than dirt, rough around the edges, and kinda twisted in the head. (ok, more like my mind is suffering from three stab wounds and a compound fracture):pinkiecrazy:
Served in the Marine Corps, been a firefighter, a cook, construction worker, and a few other things in my time. :rainbowwild:
I love ponies, (obviously) motorcycles, trucks, tuner and muscle cars, reading, writing, gaming, and generally causing random insanity.:trollestia:
I run my own FB page. Biker Dash (Friendship is Speed) :rainbowdetermined2:
I drink way too much coffee and smoke way too many Camels for my own good. :pinkiesick:
I listen to a LOT of music. The list of what i like for music is long and distinguished (like my johnson) and too long to list everything here. :coolphoto:
I live in Maine, but will be moving to Dallas in a couple years.
Is always on the lookout for the next ex-Mrs. Biker Dash... :trixieshiftright:
I play pool in the APA (American Poolplayer's Association) and scored a nice $300 Viper Pro Series 19oz action stick yesterday. :yay:
Does not give a fuck about the looks received when shopping for pony stuff. :moustache:

suffers from severe depression too... :fluttercry:

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2186095 Dude, I spent 3 years working as a Pharmacy Tech. It got me through college, but I hated that job with a passion. If you wish to pursue that career path, then just make sure to avoid retail pharmacy. Especially avoid large chains.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

2185950>>2185981>>2185995>>2186020>>2186095

Hi I am Collin, Cromega, Mr. Flare. I live in Utah and am in current study of Psychiatry. I can Yo-yo rather well and am able to do 20 different tricks. All the way through High School I always had a difficult time in English classes. Yet I still love to write the Ideas that come into my head, that is why I am here. I love to play games of any kind, especially video games... just saying. Despite my menacing avatar I really am a nice guy and do have a heart, but I can really be myself here so I put on what I really like to do.

If anyone wants to play a game with me, just ask. I'll see what I can do to join in. I am always willing to talk, though life does get busy some times so it might be a while before I can get on. I can chat or even voice skype if needed.

If you have any questions about me, feel free to ask.

Mr. Flare

P.S.
I usually don't take any disrespectful crap from anyone, so during a conversation I'll put out obvious clues that I feel disrespected.

I also like to complement people whenever I can so I keep a watchful gaze for those doing good.

I'm Electric Grace. I'm an almost 17 year old junior high school student living in the southwestern United States. I plan on going to college and pursuing a degree in physics or computer science.
I like ponies (obviously), video games, and science. :twilightsheepish: I don't like music as a whole, but I quite enjoy some more obscure techno/trance/EDM.

2185950 Colin, 21, Hong Kong, Financial Analyst for some famous-ish company in Hong Kong (please don't look me up :pinkiecrazy:). Do not appreciate job and looking to change, but the economy isnt in the best of shapes at the moment.

Spent most of my teenage years in the UK, where I eventually studied politics and philosophy. Like every kind of music from girly Japanese pop to German military marches, though I'm in a bit of a classical phase right now.

Loves every aspect of strategy and public policy (and anything that deals with them). Oh, and ponies too. Was recently notified that a lot of family friends consider me "anti-establishment", Oh well :ajsleepy:.

Would write more, but I've only just had like 5 hours of sleep and a 12-hour workday ahead of me...

2185950>>2185981>>2185995>>2186020>>2186095>>2186117>>2186127>>2186166>>2186217>>2186931
Hello once again, everypony, I'm David Brony, better known as Alexander Talm (you could find my name through any number of ways, so I might as well make your job of stalking/murdering/stealing my soul easier)
I'm fourteen years old, and a freshman in High School (Extended Senior High/Secondary/Whatever your school system calls it.) I am a resident of South Carolina, and I'm not sure if I'm proud of that or not.
I live with both parents (who both seem to despise each other the vast majority of the time :derpytongue2:) my younger brother who I lift by the ankles when I make a toast, and on occasion my half-brother. I'm not a "country-boy" as I live in city limits/don't hunt/not a bumpkin/don't promote recreational drug use/any number of reasons, but I'm not quite a "city-man" as I live in a small little pit-stop town on I-95. So in other words I will be murdered by my local farmers if I develop an accent or I'll be slaughtered by inner-city people if I leave the reserve. :trollestia:
I'm a fan of making bios that are much too long for their purpose and enjoy any sort of art medium, really. I'm exposed to many different types of art due to my proximity to Charleston, SC (if you've ever visited Charleston, you'll know that we usually have more diversity in artist and styles than even Chicago or Las Angeles.) Some of my favourtie artists are those that I can't even name, as I buy their CDs and forget to mark them. I enjoy blues/Blues-Rock, most Electronic (specifically House and Chillstep), some Heavy Metal (I think that's the proper Metal genre, I have a hard time distinguishing) foreign music (specifically the Italian sonnets my Aunt puts on when I visit, Tribal [I'm a member of the OA] and Indian/Arabian mix) I coloured the genres since it's so muddied up there.
What else? Oh, um, I write as a creative outlet, and I've been told I'm quite good at it (all of my real pieces are human based, so if you'd like to read them send me your email and I might share one with you; I'm a bit shy in that regard.) I raise conflict with most everyone in my hometown, as everypony here seems to suffer from Hive Mind Disorder, and they all seem to despise any individual that refuses to plug into the access terminals. I'm Agnostic (I just love involving religion when it isn't necessary, don't you?) and usually side with the Democratic party on local issues, despite my distaste for political parties in general. I'm an ex-wrestler, fourth on the local Varsity tennis team, Student Council member, head of the local History Club (the first club our schools have seen since my mother's time here) a Boy Scout, a gamer, and an avid reader. I say EX-wrestler, as I had to quit last week (the practices took too much time out of my schedule, and it truly sucks as tournaments start soon :fluttershysad:) Did I mention I make much-too-long lists that are usually quite cluttered?
I have both a dog and a cat, and couldn't choose between them. I'd just get rid of both of them. :trollestia:
I don't feel like listing medical details here, as I feel most of them are either unimportant or aren't something that I could mention without making this seem like a pity party put on at the expense of moi. I will say that I have moderate to severe scoliosis, and that I have frequent crippling migraines because of this. :applejackunsure:
And that's all I feel like typing in here, as it has grown to be much too long and formal. Ask me any questions you have! :twilightsmile:

2185950>>2185981>>2185995>>2186020>>2186095>>2186117>>2186127>>2186166>>2186217>>2186931
Also, do any of you have a favourite teacher/professor?

My language teacher. He's a great guy.

Brohoof for Language teachers! ¡Mi profesor favorito es mi instructor de clase de Español! He's originally from Puerto Rico, but he's a classic North Carolinian! :rainbowlaugh:

Debonair
Group Admin

2187401 The GTO but seriously, not many professors have peaked my interest, but I idolize Poe and Shakespeare.

Debonair
Group Admin

2187439 Great Teacher Onizuka, it's an anime about a regular guy becoming a teacher, and ends up teaching his students about life rather than school subjects.

My language teacher is my Spanish teacher as well.

One of my film teachers is pretty funny. He was kind of a jerk the first time I had him, but now he's pretty cool.

2187401 Hm. When I was in high school in the UK, we used to have visiting American teachers who would teach us for a year or so. There was an English teacher in my second year that I thought was pretty good; I last checked and she's a contributor to TIME Magazine now.

My history teachers in the fourth and fifth years were also very good; they were true academics who didn't simply stick to what the exam module required them to teach.

University, maybe not so memorable. Maybe because I'd already formed all of my opinions by then and there was nothing they could do to convince me. :pinkiehappy:

I get what you're saying. I have my opinions, and Señor Ramos isn't afraid to let the class share them. Now I just wish my classmates had something more intelligent to say other than the usual "copy/paste generic underinformed opinion that holds no water in a real situation".

:twilightsmile:

And history teachers usually seem to be pretty cool.

And who makes your icons?

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2187401 Last year, in eighth grade, my history teacher was awesome. I'm usually the one to make jokes at school, and he and I played off of each other a lot. My new world studies teacher is the same way. All my other teachers from eighth grade and freshman year are more or less the same way, minus a few.

2187620 I make my icons. That's why I keep a list of them in my blog :ajsmug:

Yeah, good teachers really make a world of difference. When I was in Hong Kong, my schoolteachers were bad and I really think if I had carried on there, I wouldn't have had an interest in anything at all. In the UK they really (used to) see teaching as a higher calling, rather than "just another job".

My mother is a teacher who has invested her life in our schools, so it pisses me off on the royal-level when I see people who are meant to be givers of knowledge and enlightenment just dismiss 'teaching' as a way to pay the bills. What's worse is many 'teachers' seem to truly despise every atom in anyone beneath the age of 26. If you don't enjoy the company of youth, don't be a frickin' TEACHER!!! :twilightangry2:

Is this becoming too much of a discussion?

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2187744 Hm...I'd say no.

Are any of you fans of classic literature?

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2187802 Not particularly. I did like Frankenstein and Lord of the Flies.

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2187802 Majored in English Lit. I have my share.

Debonair
Group Admin

2187802 Poe and Shakespeare, Homer, Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, and the ever popular Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I love their work, and dream to be half as good as them some day, actually Arthur Conan Doyle is one of the reasons I want to learn Psychology and Medicine, after all he was a Doctor. :twistnerd:

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2187802 I also like Poe and Lovecraft.

I do enjoy some Edgar Allan Poe. My favorite is probably "The Tell-Tale Heart."

Debonair
Group Admin

2187840 Frankenstein makes me cry Every damn time, be it reading it seeing it or anything with Frankenstein type theming.

2187802 I'm an uneducated barbarian, the only literature I read nowadays being mystery novels like Poirot or Holmes.

I read a lot of non-fiction on public policy and military strategy, however. I also trawl the blogosphere daily.

Not really a literature nut.

I do, however, love And Then There Were None.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Mainly Poe, I have a hard time with others, but I can still read them.

2185950 I'm Yvette, which means "Little Eve" in French, explaining the Eve in Evedawalrus. I'd like to keep my age secret, and I live in Chapel Hill/Carrboro, North Carolina. I'm female, but I still use the term "Brony" as I don't like "Pegasister" or "Unicutie". I LOVE reading, and have a lot of good ideas, but frankly, I'm not a very good writer. :twilightblush: Okay, what else can I say...... Oh, and I love my stuffed animals. I just got another one today! I named her Kitty Hawk. :heart: One of my favorite teachers was a guy called Mr. Link, the Social Studies teacher. He was really nice, and had cool posters and knicknacks in his room. He also barely ever gave any homework! Oh, and Pinkie/Twilight/Fluttershy us best pony/nies!

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2187401 I like 2187453's answer. Onizuka reminds me of me way too much, and I love the 75 Kawasaki KZ-750 he rides in the anime. Been too long out of school to still have a fav real world teacher. :twilightblush:

2187802 I like some of it, though I wouldn't really call myself a fan. I do want to learn to read, write and speak Russian fluently, so that I can search for a copy of War and Peace in the original language.

Let's see, I'm a college freshman, I live in sunny southern california, I live and breath Disney (and as of recently, ponies), I am neutral when it comes to political debates, I plan to publish books as an adult, and I want to see if I can't memorize all the dialogue from "Finding Nemo" and recite it backwards and forwards.

In Spanish. :pinkiecrazy:

Hello everyone, I am The 486th Writer, aka Milton. I am currently taking a gap semester due to familial matters (my mother lost her job and my grandpa was recently told that he couldn't drive anymore).
I listen to and compose (self promotion!) classical/orchestral music. I'm a bit of a purist, though, and drum kits in orchestral tracks make me a sad panda.:fluttershysad:
I write c-grade fanfiction about ponies on the internet in my off time, and I have a tendency to start five projects within a few weeks of each other and jump between them as I get bored with one.

2185950 2185981 2188236 2187981 2187397 2186931 2186127 2186095 2185995
I'm Christian, 18, the eldest of six, live in North Idaho. My OC is Soundwave. I was homeschooled and graduated at 17. I am currently saving 10,000 dollars (5991.25 GBP) for a two-year proselytizing mission for the LDS Church, after which I plan to go to school. I read a lot of science and technology magazines, which have given me my interests in bionics, nanotechnology, computer science, neurology, ocular science, and transportation technology, among other things. I am a passionate pianist, and hope to someday participate in the International Piano Competition for Outstanding Amateurs. I also love skiing, horseback riding, camping, water-sports, playing RTS's, and goofing off with friends. And FOOD! Also, in the past year I have developed a strong taste for anime. StarCraft and Anno 1701 AD are my favorite games.

I would love to meet--in the flesh--someone who loves classical music as much as I, but here are a few of my other favorite artists: Enya, Owl City, The All-American Rejects, Evanescence, Linkin Park, U2, The Cure, Goo Goo Dolls, Brian Setzer, and far too many others to list. BlackGryph0n, Foozogz, Alex S, Sim Gretina, and Mandopony are a few of the best brony musicians. There's too many!

Anyhoo, I would be roaring away with my own pony content, but I've never been able to regularly pony on a PC (that might change soon), so I haven't even bothered.

I've read five encyclopedias.
I mostly can't drink cow's milk.
I'm not afraid of heights.
My homemade granola will rock your world.

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2961299 Might I recommend this browser app for you? It has numerous pony stations, and Luna Radio plays a lot with a good, classical sound. (its also my favorite pony radio station)
Note: the app works in Chrome and Firefox.

Hoofsounds

2961501 But I don't have a computer! It doesn't work on mobile!! :raritydespair:

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2961656 Damn... and I have yet to find an app for droids that has Luna Radio...
Maybe there is one for iPhones...
(I don't know what OS your phone uses)

It's a Motorola DROIDX. And it is old. And Cantankerous. And sometimes makes me want to hurl it to the floor. But it's all I have. Even though I'm trying to save money as fast as I can I'm sooo tempted to buy a little netbook or something. I don't like Windows 8 at ALL though.:twilightangry2:

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2961714 You and just about everyone else I've met. I'm quite content with Windows 7.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 62