The Perpetual Discussion Group 138 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Here, I intend to link threads with topics that can be used as "tools" in writing. Most of my threads will end up linked here, as most of what I will discuss will likely be to do with tools I find interesting, have little to no use for, or figure somepony else can put to good use. Also, please feel free to add to any discussions or ask any questions. For me, at least, I will gladly respond to any questions you don't feel comfortable posting in the threads through PM. If it is on a discussion I posted, then I should be able to answer well, if not, then I will answer within the best of my ability, though I make no promises on how much help I can be. So, without further ado(more or less) I give you:

The Tools of the Trade:
Discussion: Mana, Magic, and... Changelings? Here, you will find a few basic ideas on how to potentially expand on those lovely little cretins we call Changelings, you know, the ones that steal your love and basically starve from the fandom? Yeah, those little buggers. Wanna see a quick way to change things up? Click this link.

Discussion: Satanism in Equestria Okay, so, the actual thread title is longer, but the point is still in the name. Now, let me straighten this out, this thread focuses on legitimate Satanism, and, as such, is not to be associated with any use of the bolstered version of Satanism as an easy out for villainous actions. [Tip: this is a tool best used in Dark stories, as the darker-toned world like where we live would allow such a thing to have more power.]

2046761Chase, how do you and the others come up withthe best thread topics while I'm in study? Agh, this is torture!:facehoof:

2046874 My apologies, mate. :twilightsheepish: I just post when I get time, and this one's been sitting for a while.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I love this thread already!
I would advise people to follow this thread. Even if you are not a writer, it is good to be educated in these topics so you might be able to understand the authors motives.

2047949 Good. Feel free to help extend it purposefully. Also, let's all try to keep comments not relating to tools for writing to a minimum. Occasional ones are fine, but let's keep to the point. You know?

Here we are, all. Another tool thread!

While this is a bit of a collaborative mulling effort from Awkward Taco, Wheaty, and myself, all now formally in the group, this was all thanks to Taco's curiosity and the vast majority was his work. Wheats and I more or less helped move it along, though, personally, I feel I likely contributed the least of the group. I got Taco curious, and that's pretty much it. Leave your thoughts and be respectful.

I know this kind of flies a bit in the face of a few canon themes, particularly since it sort of puts logic to magic, but this also provides a tool for those who wish to put more scientific query into their stories, or who just need that one little spark to fill in the last dark spot of their story and explain just what they needed to see.

As with the others, be respectful in thread and discuss!

Comment posted by Biker_Dash deleted Oct 30th, 2013
Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2046761 Hmmmm... I am thinking I might wish to start my own World Building thread. (or threads lol)

Please do! Since we are a forum for discussion, I say: Why not use this to become a web of knowledge by proxy? After all, what good is knowledge if it isn't shared?

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2058059 Now here is the quandary: write World Building threads, work on stories that are in desperate need of updating, or finally put my Battlefield 4 disk in the 360, and start driving tanks through buildings.

Decisions... decisions... :twilightoops:

Damn... JUST LOOK AT THIS!!!! :pinkiecrazy:

[youtube=3_xaIv7Wo1A]

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I am going to show some Initiative and add this thread to the tools.

When writing a story, often times the antagonist is not all there mentally. So this thread would be a good resource to not only see how one would write Insanity, but also ask on what would be the best approach to anything involved on the topic.

I hope you do not mind 2046761 I do feel that this is worthy for this thread.

Oh, dear Luna. How did I miss that one? Thank you. I was supposed to add that one myself. It's absolutely worth the thread. Also, I'm thinking of cleaning the thread up a bit. Kind of stream lining it, you know? Maybe drop some of the non-related comments? I'm not sure how well that will go over.

Anyways, good job, mate. Good eye too. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11