Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Goldenwing
Group Admin

Hello to you, new member of The Sound of Thunder Collaborative Fiction!

Now, you've joined up and you're probably wondering what there is to do in a place like this. Don't worry, just come with me. I'll show you around. Turn on some music.

If you're interested in helping to build our world through the creation of locations, races, factions, and other lore-type ideas, head on over to the World Lore Suggestion Thread. Our master weaver of lore, Masterweaver, will look over what you've got, and if it meets his standards he'll toss it into our official lore compilation.

If you'd rather catch up on lore before you start making ideas (always recommended), then read the Reference Materials for everything we've got in the wide world of Trinity.

If you'd like to create the characters that fill this wonderful world of others, then zip over to the Character Creation Thread. Fill out the form there and post an original character or your interpretation of an unmentioned canon, side, or background character from the show! Characters of all depths will be accepted. Honestly, we need more redshirts and bullet shields than we do protagonists, these days.

If you're more interested in pre-reading or editing, then find the appropriate threads in the forums asking for them. It'll be stickied, and it'll be asking for pre-reading/editing services for the latest chapter that's ready for them. We'll set you up there.

And if you want to become an author yourself, then just find one of the side story creation threads, such as this one, and sign up there. If there are no spots available just wait a bit! The Writer's Council will be sure to make a new one soon and meet demand. Our goal is to get every member of the group contributing, after all. You can also go off and write a story on your own within the verse. We won't stop you, but you will have to be sure it sticks to the lore and maintains quality; else we won't sponsor it as an official side story.

If you think you want a seat on the Writer's Council itself, then...
contribute, contribute, contribute! Post in every thread! Make threads on issues you see (when there's not one for it already)! Generate lore, characters, and places! We'll notice, trust me. And one of these days one of us will look at another and say "Hey, that one guy deserves a seat."

If you haven't done it already, then reply to this post with your gmail address. We'll have to share the reference material with you.

Anywho, toodaloo! Introduce yourself below, and welcome to the team!

NOTE: Some of the resources within the forums are lacking and missing information. This is because of an event early in this collab's history which caused us to lose some of our work. These are as follows:
- The OC Submission Thread is missing a great majority of the original submissions for our characters. Please refer to the Comprehensive OC Guide for their short descriptions, which were saved.
- Most of our lore discussion from the Lore Submission Thread was lost. Luckily, it was saved in the World Lore Thread. However, the discussions added great context to help understanding the lore; if you have questions, ask an older member, who may have seen the discussion.
- Almost all of the Character Journals were lost. They provided great context to the main story and fleshed out many characters. Older members may have better ideas of character personalities from reading them.

Sparx
Group Contributor

Sparx Skywriter, reporting in.

I have a deep love for the fantasy adventure genre, and would gladly help expand this world through characters, lands, races and more. I shall make myself familiar with the current status and begin creation, submitting when inspiration arrives.

I find myself unfamiliar with the airship trope however, but will gladly adapt and submit what I may. I'm looking forward to this. :rainbowdetermined2:

All I can think of is a steam-age version of Windwaker, so I'm in :pinkiehappy:
Happy to do any art, and happy to contribute in any way possible.

Second Lieutenant Adamant Shock(my pony name) reporting for duty! I'm ready to churn out characters, lore, and other story plot ideas for this collaboration, as well as participate in the pre-reading, as I'll be able to lend my third best skills to this project. Give me a job, and I'll follow through to the end.

Uh, I have this guy named Gray....
He's a bit insane.

Silver Dream (ponysona) incoming! Whatever you want (as long as it's not art) I'm ready to do, whether it's character developing, writing stories, or loremaking, I can do it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7