Everypony is the Best Pony 1,051 members · 6,499 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Greetings, everyone. This is probably the silliest thread I've ever made, but I just wanted to see your opinions, guys. I know that Rainbow Rocks has been released since, like, an whole year, but I still haven't seen this topic discussed before. The question is: What the hay is this?! :

I know that it appeared because Sunset Shimmer joined in singing, making it the Mane 7 (Sunset being the seventh Element of Harmony is something that is still being discussed, but so far, she's not.) I mean, seriously! A giant blue Alicorn with rainbow mane?! What is it? The Spirit of Harmony? The Magic of Friendship? Or just the embodiment of Deus Ex Machina?

It's called "the storyboard artists and the animators are having fun".

4693570 It's called "just how much power Sunset really has".

4693580 :rainbowlaugh:
4693586 I knew Sunset was powerful, but not that powerful! Maybe that Alicorn was summoned just because Rainbow Dash was so awesome :rainbowlaugh:

4693597 But it took Sunset to start singing/using her magic to actually create it in the first place, so what does that tell you?

It's a spell. Magic from Equestria seems like it would naturally take pony shapes.

The invisible pink unicorn - pinkness still invisible.

what does that tell you?

Sunset is over powered Sunset is so awesome! And most likely, she's the seventh Element (It's rumored that if she is the seventh element, she would be the Element of Empathy.)
4693612 Hmm, makes sense, actually. Headcanon accepted! :pinkiehappy:

It tells me that the Sirens took none or very little of her Equestrian magic, and the M6 were weakened too much to summon up a rainbowbeam on their own like they were in the first movie. Sunset was still fresh, and combined with what they others had left in them, they were able to produce an effective spell.

4693622 Eh, I prefer to think of her as the second element of magic.

Think about it:
Former student of Celestia
Expert on magic like Twilight
She likely has the same raw power when it comes to magic that Twilight does

Being an element means that you've been an embodiment of it all your life, and I don't think Sunset's been the shining example of empathy all her life.

4693570 the essence of the Elements of harmony/Three of Harmony given form.

4693628 Makes sense, too.
4693640 Yeah, the second element of magic. I like that idea. After all, that Empathy thing is just a rumor.

4693570 I' have been thinking the same thing for months. What the hell is that?

I think it's an illusion/temporary form made by the elements of harmony. Shooting out a rainbow got boring so they tried something new. The human world was their focus group.

And/or the Equestrian god/deity.

4693645 My thoughts exactly.

4693570 4694359 4693616 4693580
How dare you doubt the power and majesty of our great Prophetess and Goddess Lord Faust! Creator of pony kind and founder of the great fourth generation! Slayer of the third generation and storyboard writer extraordinaire, the goddess who crafted countless warm and loving universes in the bosom of her mind by divine right!
Any true D&D fan could tell you they were using a ninth level spell slot to cast Summon Avatar and channel a fraction of her divine being!
LateBronyWriter

4695125 Didn't I say it was god.

4693570 I just thought that with a new wielder, the power of harmony took on a more elaborate manifestation than a swirling rainbow. That and the animators specifically were trying to play up the "fight" between the Mane 6 and the Dazzlings.

I just thought that with a new wielder, the power of harmony took on a more elaborate manifestation than a swirling rainbow.

Of course. I know that Sunset Shimmer joining the Mane 6 was the reason of that big guy, and that what makes me wonder: Is Sunset Shimmer the seventh Element or something?

4700491 (shrug) Hard to say, they've kind of gone way strange with how Harmony and Friendship work, I suppose we may find out, or they'll just jerk us around.

they've kind of gone way strange with how Harmony and Friendship work

Yeah, sure thing. Basically because magic works so differently in the human world, and from the trailers and shorts of the third EG movie, magic is getting stranger and more random. I'm so hyped for that movie :yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20