Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Anyone who buggers off when a show (Any show) ends. Is not a member of the fandom and should not be called as such.

They were simply being a band-wagoner and going along with the hype. Then, when the show ends, there is no more hype and so they bugger off.

Well said.

The brony fandom helped me through a very bad place, and I will forever be a Brony. Even if we stop calling ourselves that one day, I will always stay with this fandom.

That's not really fair though. I mean, what is 'staying in the fandom'? I can say I'm still in the Sonic Fandom, as I enjoy Sonic, but I do literally nothing for the fandom. I don't go on forums or even play the games anymore. Am I still considered part of the Fandom because I never officially left?

I can tell you right now that in 30 years, most if not every single brony or pegasister, besides the crazy nut whose life revolves around MLP, will not contribute anything to the fandom and only think about it if it is brought up in conversation somewhere. I for one will always be a fan of (Gen 4) My Little Pony. But I wont lie and say ill be making stories or posting on forums many years after it has ended, I will have moved on. I have a life outside of My Little Pony. I wont forget how it changed me or how much time I devoted to MLPforums or FimFiction, but I can say the same about High School and the friends I hung out with for 12 years, that are now barely taking space in the RAM of my mind.

I will be legitimately surprised if 15 years in the future, this site will have any more than 50 people at a time on it. I don't hold anyone against moving on when the show ends. How many people still watch Pokémon or play the games, and where there since the beginning. Pokémon was huge, I have no problem saying it was the social norm for a teenager in the 90s or early 2000s to play or watch Pokémon. But who do you know that still is active in that community and were there since Gen 1? Not many.

P.S. That was not me who downvoted, I understand your comment completely and why you put it.

4576451 Y u reply to 94 week old me?

The star wars fandom seems to be doing damn well, even after it was supposed to end back in the 80s. People still stuck with it after all these years and are continuing to produce content for it . Same with Star trek, DBZ, Neon Genesis...

And I just now realized that this thread is more than a fucking year old! :facehoof:

And I just now realized that this thread is more than a fucking year old!

Comment posted by TheMajorTechie deleted Oct 1st, 2016

4577259 I say that we need something to shuffle things up here. It's a bit... sleepy.

5526506 fucking thread necromancers, goddamit

Never stop, raise the dead!

5526732 FOR EQUESTRIAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Did someone title drop this place to bring new people here?
I found this through a dead account, how about you?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16