Power Ponies HQ! 429 members · 218 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Alright authors of HQ! There's not enough Power Pony fanfiction on this site as their should be(Or I can't find for some reason) So I think it's high time we Power Pony up and come up with some origin stories for the Power Ponies (and Humdrum I guess). It's simple, just come up with a backstory that explains a team member(s) backstory and how that pony began fighting crime! It could be a one off, or a whole series I don't care! Who's with me!?

Saddle Rager AKA Dr. Grassy Bloom

Dr. Grassy Bloom. Physician. Scientist. Searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all ponies have, but an accidental overdose of magical energies alters her body chemistry. Now when Dr. Bloom grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs.

Fantastic! I love it! Now try making it into a rock in' story! :3

Here's mine: Fili-Second , aka Ms. Diane Coldsweat

The head of sales of a popular candy making company, she's usually over worked, tired, and overall a very Anti-Social pony, but when a factory accident makes a special over-concentrated bag of sweets, whenever she eats one, she goes on the ultimate of sugar hi's and becomes Fili-Second for as long as that piece of candy' effects last!

2720582 Zapp, a.k.a. Meteorologist [I'm not good with names]. Worked as a Storm Chaser (you know, those people ponies that chase down storms in their fancy vans and are totally awesome) until on one chase, her team's van was split by lightning and [Rainbow] was thrown out into a nearby field and fell unconscious as a lightning bolt streaked down towards her.

When she awakened, she felt some kind of electrical energy inside of her, like electricity. She looked to her right hoof, and in it was a pendant of some kind, shaped like a bolt of lightning. Then a crack of thunder (or any other weather-related occasion) comes, and [Rainbow]'s fore-leg jumps up and the pendant glows with electrical energy.

Immediately, the storm subsides, and born is Thor Zapp!

Awsome! That's really cool, I thought it'd kinda be like if someone just found Thor's hammer and took it

2722154 No one JUST takes Thor's hammer. They have to be worthy to lift it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, but srryously, who more worthy to wield the power of weather than the coolest pony in all of Equestria. :3

Here's one for each of them:

The Masked Matterhorn
She was a pegasus scientist named Dr. Glitterwing (that's MY name for her) who was fascinated with the properties of unicorn magic. She invented an artificial horn, which she linked into her brain and used to perform experiments with. The horn was capable of generating many different kinds of beams: ice, heat, electricity and even concentrated energy. Her first battle with the Mane-iac occurred when she heard about Glitterwing's work and demanded that she build her a similar weapon that she could use to takeover the world. Of course, Glitterwing refused and after an epic battle, she defeated the Mane-iac for the very first time. Now, she defends Maretropolis as the self-made alicorn hero... THE MASKED MATTERHORN!

Mistress Mare-velous
The mantle of Mistress Mare-velous has been passed down from mother to daughter for many generations. Sugar Spice, the former Mistress Mare-velous, spent years training her daughter, Pepper Spice, in combat skills and psychic techniques to prepare her for the day when she would follow in her hoof steps. When that day finally came, Sugar went into retirement and bequeathed her costume, her weapons and tools and especially the Mare-velous Lasso to her daughter. After taking the solemn oath to protect all of ponykind from crime and villainy, Pepper Spice now carries on her family legacy as the new Mistress Mare-velous.

Zap
An archeologist named Star Thunder was exploring the ancient ruins of the old pegasus civilization (from before the rule of the alicorn sisters) when she discovered a strange artifact: a small golden necklace in the shape of a lightning bolt. It was strange because it seemed to glow when there was no light and Thunder could swear she heard it calling to her. It was like it was begging her to put it on around her neck. When she did, a giant horrible monster emerged from the depths of the ruins and with the weather powers given to her by the necklace, she defeated it. The lightning bolt had chosen her to wield it. It needed to be worn by a pegasus with the bravery and confidence to control the forces of the weather. And Star Thunder was that pegasus. She accepted the responsibility and became the mighty... ZAP!

Saddle Rager
Pansy Petals was a guidance counselor at a Maretropolis elementary school, who cared deeply about the fillies and colts there. But she had a disease that made her muscles fragile and weak. She volunteered to be the test subject for an experimental potion that was meant to give a pony newfound physical strength. The potion worked wonders and Pansy was stronger than ever. Unfortunately, there was a major side effect. Whenever she got mad, she turned into an enormous raging monster. From then on, she repressed all her anger so as not to hurt anyone. One day, she found that a colt she had been counseling was being harassed by gangsters, which infuriated her to know end. At that moment, Pansy completely lost her temper and saved the little colt's life. It was then that discovered that her powers could be used for good, so she decided to use them to fight crime as... the SADDLE RAGER! Though, she still fights to control the raging spirit that dwells within her.

Filli-Second
Unlike the other Power Ponies, Filli-Second was actually born with super speed. She was born Sassafras and, as one can well imagine, she was almost impossible to control as a foal. When she was got older, she used her speed to pull pranks and cause trouble, believing she was able to get away anything. Although, her parents always scolded her for it. One day, Sassafras's home apartment caught on fire. She ran as fast as she could to get everypony, including her parents, out safely. It was the first time she had ever used her powers to help anyone and it felt more satisfying than any prank she had ever pulled. From then on, the childly and spirited Sassafras decided to change her ways and do good as the fastest mare alive... FILLI-SECOND!

Radiance
Crystal Glow was a fashion designer who was out gathering gems one day for her newest design when she came across a whole new type of gem that glowed a bright pink. She also discovered that whenever she thought of something, the gems made it appear out of nowhere. Crystal collected as many as she could and fashioned them into a pair of matching bracelets, which she wore as part of her ensemble (which later became her superhero costume) to a masquerade ball in Canterlot. When the ballroom came under attack by a gang of thieves, Crystal used the power of her gem bracelets to stop them. Everyone there applauded and praised her for her heroic deed and many even commented on how radiant she was. Not just her outfit, but all around. That's when she new that she now had the power to give more to her community than simply beauty. She could give them justice, peace. She could give them... RADIANCE!

Humdrum
Dr. Glitterwing's nephew, a notorious screw-up who found out her secret identity and wanted to become her sidekick. She refused, of course, but he wanted so badly to prove that he could do things right that he made a costume of his own and mostly just got in her way. But when his aunt got captured by a super villain (NOT the Mane-iac), he rescued her, mostly by accident, and earned his spot by the Masked Matterhorn's side.

These sound great. Now we just need a good fanfic following these original origin stories :pinkiehappy:

3197673 Actually, what we really need is a comic. :raritywink:

3198253 These are all amazing ideas! I'm actually writing a fic with Saddle Ranger detailing how she got her powers.

3219124 Cool. I'm glad you like them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12