Power Ponies HQ! 429 members · 218 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

So it should be noted that I have this weird concept where the Power Pony universe is actually an alternate reality to the show universe (with the concept being that the comic book from the show merely creates a simulation of the events recorded inside, based off of what happened in the Power Pony universe).

Now in this alternate take, parallel versions of the characters from the main show exist, though with a few differences here in there.

My question is this, in a world where superpowers, superheroes and villains are real, how do you suppose this might influence the Flim Flam brothers and how would they interact with the world? Feel free to offer some ideas/suggestions. :raritywink:

Well i see them being rivals in business. One being a lawyer who looking to sue said heroes or do insurance fraud. while the other brother angle is have the heroes be his sponsor to his business to promote a wholesome image.

Out of curiosity will you be doing original heroes/villains?

Well, from certain things I've read, Flim is an expert inventor who comes up with all sorts of wondrous contraptions, while Flam is the salesman of the duo, figuring out what proverbial "buttons" to "push" to get the stuff sold.

Out of curiosity will you be doing original heroes/villains?

Maybe... sort of... It's kind of complicated. :twilightsheepish:

7407045 I could see that. :pinkiesmile:

So what sort of things do you think they would try to make/sell in the Power Pony universe and who do you think they would market them to?

Cool, Yeah can you give us what powers and or origins you have for the heroes and villains?

Well, I do remember this one episode of "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" where Joe Chill was selling weapons to supervillains. Maybe Flim makes the weapons and Flam sells the weapons.

(I think I got a bit confused and should have put the response for the other guy).

7407142 That is definitely an option. :pinkiesmile:

7407077 That I'm kind of holding close to the chest. Though I can say, I don't intend on having the Flim Flam brothers being heroes. I'm not even sure if I want to give them any special abilities.

That fair. Well i do see them starting out working together one being the businessman and the other the scientist. until they had a falling out and became rivals. like Lex Luther and professor Ivo

Maybe they sell do-it-quick gadgets and trap supplies. Sure, there's a varying success rate, but it's high enough that most villains won't show up to take revenge and low enough that heroes will leave them alone just in case somepony more competent comes along, and just slippery enough that the law can't do anything about them.

Mr Negative but as Twins.

And because they can contain positive or negative energy separately, it allows them to channel even more powerful energies when together.

They can also teleport closer or farther away based on the other's location.

Plus the usual: control of matter and energy moving forces including telekinesis: energy constructs, matter splitting, and energy channeling and redirection.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11