Pirates of Equus 71 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
Flintlock Spark
Group Admin

Discuss what types of new lands and races that you all would like to see on this grand adventure!!

1850471 While this one isn't technically new, as it was mentioned in an episode once, how about they go to Saddle Arabia at some point? We can make it a satire of all of the dictator overthrowings and such that's been happening everywhere for the past few years.

krafty
Group Contributor

1850471 I was browsing the internet here and there and came across these things called Akhlut. I doubt we could make them an... intelligent race, but maybe as enemies if the pirates reach an arctic region.

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Contributor

I would love to see a volcanic region populated by different types of dragon. I'll draw a few (better at dragons than ponies) and post them later.

Flintlock Spark
Group Admin

1850486 Ooo, that would be a pretty interesting arc. I can see that being a pretty interesting adventure.

Flintlock Spark
Group Admin

1850578 I can see what you mean. I think they would work well as an enemy. Would they only be encountered in the more arctic areas? Because of the picture and all.

1850589 Volcanoes would be pretty awesome. My character would probably have a blast there.(no pun or plot point intended...:trixieshiftright::trixieshiftleft:...:scootangel:)

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
MOTHERFUCKING BEAR ORCAS

krafty
Group Contributor

1850659 They are from Inuit mythology so I guessed they would only be found in arctic regions.

krafty
Group Contributor

1850669 lol I'm glad you like them XD

Flintlock Spark
Group Admin

1850669 Excited much? :unsuresweetie:

1850678 Yeah, I completely over read how you already said they where in the arctic... my bad.:twilightsheepish: But yeah, I like the idea.

There's something really enticing about taking murder and strap it over kill with tape.
That's why bear + shark/orca/ogre/mecha is so awesome.

krafty
Group Contributor

Alright, this might be a little early but I'm going to go ahead and post something for consideration.

In mythology, there was a race of creature called the Ichneumon which were the "enemy of dragons". In reality the ichneumon was just the mongoose, but the picture I linked gives the idea of a savage dragon killer. I see them living in a heavily forested, partly snowy region, inhabited mostly by creatures ten times larger than them; yet they are at the top of the food chain. Their "enemy of dragons" motif could transfer to the story as well. With one of them on board, it would cause some strife with a dragon on the crew, if there is one, giving the story a bit more depth. Well, that's my idea in a nutshell. I could extend it if needed.

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Contributor

Someone help me name this. It's an avian dragon. Perhaps we could pick one up along the way, and cause tension between it and an ichneumon, as suggested by 1850892?

Flintlock Spark
Group Admin

1850835 Manbearpig?

1850892 You should put it in a folder inside the folder I shared with you on google.

1851015 Name the species?

krafty
Group Contributor

1852069 Hmm, I didn't get anything from you on google.

Flintlock Spark
Group Admin

1852241 I was sure I had sent it. But apparently not, sorry, Ill send it in a minute.:twilightblush:

krafty
Group Contributor

1852762 I got it this time :rainbowwild:

krafty
Group Contributor

1851015 Hmmm, about the only thing I can think of is maybe a... Dragoraptor. Dragon + raptor (the bird not the dinosaur XD)

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Contributor

Another dragon. This one is just a poorly drawn ice dragon

I actually wrote about that idea in a forum post once.
It was on Derpibooru.

Darastrix Zane’unisal
-Meaning "Dragon Kingdom" in Draconic.
-Home to dragons, fierce beings that is rumored to gain its breath from the Gods themselves.
-Filled with active and unstable volcanoes, but also have dangerous winter climates at the north.
-Rilark Di’tsa Ith’quenti as its capital city, meaning "Castle of Reptile Gods".
-Ruled by kings known as Darastrix Da’ar, chosen by battling each other until one gives in or dies.
-Gems are very common here, making it as part of the dragon diet.
-Do not have a government, even though having a king.
-Home to the mythical "Mountain of Gold", its last discoverer being Clover the Clever (who died shortly afterwards before being able to tell its location).
-VERY DANGEROUS COUNTRY. Advised not to venture without proper knowledge.

I also wrote this.

Dragons (OP’s note; This I like)
-Reptile like beings, usually found in isolation outside of their country.
-Most reside in Darastrix Zane’unisal.
-Hatch from eggs, newborns are usually the size of a young filly.
-They can live up to thousands of years.
-They can either grow naturally, or from greed which is faster.
-There are 4 types of dragons; Ignis dragons, Aqua dragons, Caelum dragons and Terrae dragons.
-Ignis dragons are fierce and powerful, their breaths are said to be as hot as the fires of Tartarus (but vary), and they are also easily angered. They are usually found in volcanic mountains, but normal mountains may also be their napping area.
-Aqua dragons, usually called sea serpents, live in humid areas or in water. They can drink gallons of water in which their body will boil it, giving them the ability to spray boiling water. They are unable to fly and most of them have slippery skin/scales.
-Caelum dragons are rulers of the sky. Their speed is only matchable by the fastest flyers. Though their size is small, they have razor sharp claws and are extremely agile. They don’t breathe fire, but instead creates strong winds with their wings. Few can breathe ice or lightning. May be found on floating isles of the sky, or riding thunderstorms.
-Terrae dragons are rare, but are the strongest. If lived long enough, they can grow to the size of a small mountain (that’s big btw). May breathe green flames that have magical properties. Their scales are extremely hard, granting them the ability to survive a continuous super heated blow from a Ignis dragon. Unable to fly due to lack of wings. Usually the most isolated and can be found underground, in caves

Cool, huh? :pinkiecrazy:

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Contributor

Pony Harpies! Yeah!

Anyone?

No? Just me?

Salted Pingas
Group Admin

1850471 I just remembered that Peace and I sort of created a new race idea a while back. The idea was a Timber Pony. It's like an Equestrian werewolf that happens when a pony gets bit by a Timber Wolf. It might be cool if they either landed on an island with a bunch of these or there was a badguy ship run by Timber Ponies.:pinkiehappy:

U liek?:duck:

:trollestia:

Flintlock Spark
Group Admin

1868974 That would actually pretty a pretty interesting piece. Add it to your folder if you havent already and maybe we can find a place for it.

1863534 ...:twilightblush:
But maybe.

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Contributor

1868974 That sounds really cool

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24