War 600 members · 392 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Let's say that one day, humans discover Equestria and try to imperialize it for its many riches. A war follows. Would you be loyal to your fellow humans and fight alongside your own kind? Or would you fight against your fellow humans and assist the ponies of Equestria in fighting off the imperialists?

This was a question that has been circling my mind for a long time.

Depends. Is there a spell to turn me into a pony?because I don't want to be the freak.

Fuck my fellow humans, if you're being a greedy asshole and want to ruin an innocent society just for riches, then you're in for a world of hurt.

It's Avatar all over again.

I like you.

To be honest, I would rather assist ponies that wish to live in harmony than the Not-So-United States of America. FUCK Earth.

https://m.

As long as my boyfriend is willing to fight on the same side as me, I'd defect to Equestria.

It depends: what can we, as a whole, gain from invading Equestria, and what can we lose, if we invade Equestria.

Imagine if we could cure most diseases that are untreatable (Stone Man Syndrome, Glazier Syndrome, Progeria) or be able to control down to a T most allergic reactions that can, either, hinder or kill the individual.

Imagine if the fertility of our soil would never decrease, creating a constant and never ending crops for us to consume, while increasing the quality of all animal based products.

Imagine if we could heal deadly injuries our loved ones suffered and not have that tremendous fear of losing them.

If we could, somehow domesticate certain fauna that is native to Equestria, we can prevent the massive pollution on our home.

Parasprites could be engineered to consume garbage instead of food, thus eliminating all those landfills that are oversaturated with garbage.

But, if we could assimilate Equestria instead?

Just imagine how interesting would it be if we, as a race, could make the entirety of the Equestrian nation fall into a debt so big that they are incapable of paying off.

Fervidor
Group Contributor

Well, I'm a civilian, so I'm neither obligated nor allowed to directly partake in warfare. Which suits me fine, since regardless of allegiance I don't want to get shot at, bombed, hexed or super-speed kicked by Rainbow Dash.

That said, consider that Equestria's current allies include:

-The changelings, an entire species of magical infiltration experts.
-The dragons, an entire species of flying Godzillas.
-Discord, who practically a god.

That's on top of the ponies being physically superior to humans, and possessing reality-warping magic with frankly very undefined limits and applications. So, yeah, I actually don't like humanity's chances here.

In addition, they'd be invading a pastoral fairy-tale kingdom populated by adorable pastel-colored mini-horses whose primary trait is friendliness. This would be an incredibly unpopular war. The US couldn't even invade Iraq under Saddam Hussein without upsetting half the world.

The scientific community alone would be like: "Do you assholes realize the Equestrians are the first other sapient species we've ever made contact with? And that they can harness a force of nature that as far as we can tell doesn't even exist in our universe? Are you not comprehending the unprecedented historical importance of all this? What the hell are you thinking!?"

There is also the chance that their powers can only work in Equestria and not here.

Since both of our universes vary so much, there might be a chance that their way of manipulating their own world isn't applicable in ours.

This means that all of their magic means nothing to us, for they can use it against us. Another advantage we have is the types of weapons we can deploy against them.

Napalm, Agent Orange, pesticides, radioactive material etc.

There are countless different types of chemical weapons ies we can use to poison their lands, as long as their biology is similar to horses and ponies from Earth. And what of the other races?

If human kind can play the devils advocate by using the natural distaste of one nation against Equestria.

Like the Diamond Dogs for example: help us fight the Equestrians and all of their gems and material riches belong to you.

Fervidor
Group Contributor

There is also the chance that their powers can only work in Equestria and not here.

Since both of our universes vary so much, there might be a chance that their way of manipulating their own world isn't applicable in ours.

This means that all of their magic means nothing to us, for they can use it against us.

Even if that's the case, they're not the ones invading us, remember? We would have to go into Equestria, where magic totally works.

Unless what you're saying is that humans might be inherently immune to all forms of magic, which is stacking the deck just a bit. I might as well argue that all ponies could be impervious to bullets.

Another advantage we have is the types of weapons we can deploy against them.

Napalm, Agent Orange, pesticides, radioactive material etc.

There are countless different types of chemical weapons ies we can use to poison their lands, as long as their biology is similar to horses and ponies from Earth.

First of all: Those are what we call Weapons of Mass Destruction, and they are kinda frowned upon. Even producing chemical and biological weapons is prohibited by international treatises, not to mention using them.

And even something like napalm, which isn't actually banned, can only be deployed with case by case consideration, provided it does not cause unnecessary suffering. For that matter, the international laws of war prohibits targeting civilians and civilian property. See, contrary to popular belief, war these days isn't some no-holds-barred murder fiesta. There are rules.

You're talking about serious war crimes. And even if the invading human army happen to be psychotic bastards to a man and just decides to throw all of that out of the window, that's just going to make this hypothetical invasion of a peace-loving utopia full of tiny friendly horses even more unpopular with basically the entire rest of humanity.

Second of all: This isn't some genocidal WH40K-style crusade. The motivation is to steal Equestria's natural resources... and you think it would be a good idea to poison the whole place?

Oh, and again: Discord.

If human kind can play the devils advocate by using the natural distaste of one nation against Equestria.

Like the Diamond Dogs for example: help us fight the Equestrians and all of their gems and material riches belong to you.

Yeeeeah, even if the Diamonds Dogs dislike the ponies enough to go to war with them, I'm not sure a tribal society of not very smart dog people is going to be much help against a millennia-old magical high culture.

Even if that's the case, (1)they're not the ones invading us(1), remember? We would have to go into Equestria, where magic totally works.
Unless what you're saying is that humans might be inherently immune to all forms of magic, (2)which is stacking the deck just a bit(2) I might as well argue (3)that all ponies(3) could be impervious to bullets.

(1) almost all well written TCB stories always start with Equestria offering us a helping hand, then deciding to paint the entirety of the human race with the same brush and call us monsters. Sure, we could play nice with them and dance at a gentle tune with instruments like pens and happy smiles, but if the mood changes, then the instruments can be replaced with yelling, bullets and violence. We never know what might happen, so we must prepare for all scenarios.

(2) and Equestria having beings who can move both the sun and moon (Celestia and Luna), travel back in time (Starlight Glimmer), control the fabric of reality (Discord) create nation wide force fields (Shining Armor) isn't stacking the deck on their favour?

(3) don't take this one seriously because I am just joking here. You are super racist. I mean, you're stating that only the ponies are bullet prove? Check your privilege (. . . I am not sorry)

First of all: Those are what we call (1)Weapons of Mass Destruction(1), and they are kinda frowned upon. Even (2)producing chemical and biological weapons is prohibited by international treatises(2), not to mention using them.

(1) the only one I stated that is indeed a WMD is radioactive material. Why? Because they don't destroy, they annihilate everything in their path. Weapons that can turn any city into rubble in less than a day. Napalm is mainly used to force enemy soldiers deep within jungles to leave their hideouts (just like Agent Orange) pesticides are used all the time, and guess what? The nations that use pesticides still exist. I believe you painted all of those with the same brand of brush.

(2) and yet altering the DNA of germs or the RNA of virus isn't? The one reason the ones I stated in this comment are allowed, is because of the genetic drift the disease have. And besides, I honestly believe that a MOAB can do a whole lot more damage to any city (regarding its infrastructure) than any disease is capable of.

And even something like napalm, which isn't actually banned, can only (1)be deployed with case by case consideration(1), (2)provided it does not cause unnecessary suffering(2). For that matter, the (3)international laws of war prohibits targeting civilians and civilian property(3). See, contrary to popular belief, war these days isn't some no-holds-barred murder fiesta. There are rules.

(1) any weapon like napalm or agent orange is applied when the circumstances demand it. This is a hypothetical case: a group 200 ponies have managed to infiltrate a building complex and use that as a base of operations against the humans. The humans then decided to send a single she'll counting agent orange and detonate it after it has been successfully planted within the ventilation system of the building. As long as there is a good opening to use such a weapon, I can guarantee that we will take it, as long as we can really damage the enemies numbers and moral.

(2) then I believe the USA owes Japan a lot of money. There are still children being born with genetic problems thanks to the radioactive materials used for both nuclear bombs. Regardless of the types of weapons used, there will always be people who suffer from such decisions. Be it in one year or in a hundred, the memories of such events will never cease to plague the mine of those suffered from this.

(3) during the Second World War, hundreds of acres of farming lands were burned down to a crisp. Sure, times change and so are the laws that if broken will make the nation responsible pay for such a thing. But, when your options are low, your resources scarce and your moral all but barely the, you have to assume the responsibility of your actions when you are facing an enemy in very difficult odds. If the ponies we are attacking take shelter inside a hospital with innocents there, we always have the chance to send a missile or two and destroy the entire building. After all, war isn't something pleasant. In war, the cruelty hidden within all living beings will come to light, and it is always unpleasant and ugly, for such if face of war.

You're talking about serious war crimes. And even if the (1)invading human army happen to be psychotic bastards to a man and just decides to throw all of that out of the window, (2)that's just going to make this hypothetical invasion(2) of a peace-loving utopia full (3)of tiny friendly horses even more unpopular with basically the entire rest of humanity(3).

(1) you are going to the extreme, you do realise that, right? I mean, if an army is made entirely of psychotic individuals, they will be easy to handle since they don't have anymore a grasp on reality. And besides, I thought you needed to be healthy to be part of the army. If the individuals suffer from psychosis, they simply won't be able to become part of any army. Just give those psycho soldiers a reason to kill themselves and they will, that's why people with psychosis, just like violent schizophrenics are held in mental insittutions. Becaus they are a danger to themselves as well as to others.

(2) sure, because whenever an army of individuals who don't have a grasp on reality (psychosis remember?) will always be the focus of the mentally healthy army that's invading Equestria. Unless the nation who the army belongs to has proof and evidence that the ponies did something to them that made every single man and woman of that group grow psychotic. Then the story is quite different, innit?

(3) do you believe that when nations are at war, or in this case, two different races, they care about popularity? When there is war, they only want it to end with as little casualties as possible. As long as a group has a valid reason to act violently, violently they will act. Just like "I won't punch you if you don't punch me (for example)

Second of all: (1)This isn't some genocidal WH40K-style crusade).(1) The motivation is to steal Equestria's natural resources... and (2)you think it would be a good idea to poison the whole place?(2)

(1) when did I ever stated that the human kind was going to eradicate the ponies? I think you are misreading what I wrote
(2) when did I state that it was a good idea to poison all of Equestria? I believe you are trying to find something that's not even there to begin with.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15