~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,677 members · 9,335 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

I've never been one for self-promotion - too modest for it - but a lot of people have been encouraging me to try it. And y'know what? I've worked way too hard on this stuff to have the measly number of views I have. I'll feel modest later! :rainbowdetermined2:

A Figment of Her Imagination

Written for a contest that ships two ponies I bet none of you have seen put together before: Fluttershy and Daring Do. From the description:

Egged on by Rainbow Dash, Princess Twilight has found a way to summon Daring Do from the pages of one of her own books! This seems like a wonderful thing; all her fans get to meet their hero, after all. But there's something wrong. Daring was meant to be a storybook puppet, content to stick around for about a month then fade away with a smile and a wave. Instead, Daring has opinions. She's thinking independently. She's self aware, and she doesn't want to disappear.

Daring Do is alive. That wasn't supposed to happen, and it complicates things. As Twilight heads off to engage her royal peers in an ethical debate over this issue, Daring is left to her own devices, wondering whether she'll even be allowed to live.

But the questions around her own existence aren't the only worries Daring faces. Eager fans won't give her a moment's rest, a certain author isn't happy that her life's work is being toyed with by mages, and to top it all off, Daring's starting to fall head-over-hooves for a certain timid pegasus.

And when Rainbow finds out that Daring's got eyes for her oldest friend, she may go from being Daring's greatest fan...to becoming her greatest enemy.

And now for my recently-completed, Scott Pilgrim-inspired Trixie epic:

Trixie vs. Equestria

"Oh, please. Everyone's got a Trixie-fic. What makes yours so special?"

Twists and turns, my friends, twists and turns. You have no idea where this is going. Currently undergoing a detailed edit thanks to my friend Cerulean Voice. From the description:

Trixie's in the dumps once more. It seems her entire life has been an endless cycle of short-lived success and long, bitter failure. But now things are worse than ever, her career and reputation so poor she had to sell her precious wagon just to settle old debts. How's a showpony to perform without her stage? With only three weeks left before she's homeless on the streets, it seems Trixie's life has finally hit dirt bottom.

And then there was Luna.

What begins as a perceived challenge will soon become the fight of Trixie's lifetime. Is it a fight for love? For image? For self respect? Even Trixie cannot be sure, but one thing is growing certain: the answer to all her problems revolves around Luna.

This is not the Equestria you know. It is very similar. You will recognize places, ponies and events. But somewhere in the past something happened very differently... and the effects will be felt well before the end.

I crave feedback! What am I doing right? What am I doing wrong? Tell me. Tell me! Tell me!

Please? :fluttercry:

2501928 This graph says they've been shipped before:

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

I see one line off of Daring Do, and it's doesn't go to Fluttershy, so according to that graph they haven't been shipped. On the other hand, if you're referring to Trixie and Luna, of course they have. It's a pretty obvious pairing when you think about it. What I meant about that one is that you haven't seen a Trixie story quite like it. Trixie defies you to read it and say otherwise! :trixieshiftright:

Of course, I could be misreading the graphic; that's a crap-ton of lines! :twilightoops:

2509832 Yes, you are right, my bad (to many lines indeed).

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

And I just noticed that Pony Joe got shipped with Miss Cake. This amuses me to no end and I kinda wanna read that fanfic now.

Meh, probably a clopfic, though. :facehoof: Nevermind.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5