~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,677 members · 9,335 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

This is something that always interests me to see how people answer; who would you ship your OC with?

Now before you go and say you wouldn't (and trust me I feel the same :ajbemused:) this is a theoretical question; if you HAD to ship your OC with a canon character, who would be the best fit for them?

2436697 I've done it. Six times. With six different OCs. Because I can. :pinkiehappy:

Rarity, because self-insert. Come on, be honest. :ajbemused:

2436697 Anypony except pinkie.
Pinkie creeps her out

Revenant Wings x Nurse Redheart.

2436697 Hmm... If we are talking Mane Six, the obvious answer is Rarity. She is the only one who (in canon) has an interest in romance, making character development a bit easier.

Talking not-mane six, I would love to try my hand at shipping with a Background Pony (mostly because they can be whoever you want them to.)

Or, if I'm trolling, I could finish my fic where I am shipping Human!Trixie with a vending machine (dibs).

CrownofDissonance
Group Admin

With the story I'm writing, I've had the chance to ship my OC with Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Fluttershy, but the closest I've ever shipped him with any character in a story is Fluttershy.

So I'mma say Fluttershy.

Would you expect any less of me? :trollestia:

Fluttershy, Princess Luna, and Sweetie Belle (When my OC is younger)

2436697 Currently working on an OC(royal guard)XPinkie ship if that counts :pinkiehappy:.

I have a few, but my main OC I would ship with Applejack.

The others I would like to ship with the most is Derpy, Fluttershy, Sweetie Belle, Trixie and Carrot Top.

Wow, this was actually harder to answer than I would have thought :rainbowwild:
A little challenge to find out more about your own OC is always nice though:pinkiehappy:

Okay, lets go through the mane 6

Rarity :

I think she ( Dream Whisper ) would be too shy to go with such an extravagant special somepony

:raritycry:
Applejack:

Maybe she would like the comfort, but I think the strong attitude would repel her.

:ajbemused:
Pinkie Pie:

Even worse than Rarity. Dream Whisper couldn't deal with the extra spiciness of Pinkie's character

:pinkiegasp:
Rainbow Dash:

Although Rainbow Dash is quite ... demanding, I think it could work, although it would feel a bit weird, especially writing about it.

:rainbowwild:
Fluttershy:

A nice match, but it would be hard for them to get starting. Once they were started though...

:fluttershysad:
Twilicorn:

Yep. I don't see why not, but I couldn't write about it. I am not really into writing sensual stuff... Although I might give it a try some day

:twilightblush:

Good question...
I guess if it was based on having similar traits, I would ship my OC with Applejack, since we both care for family and friends and we're both stubborn.
If it was with opposites attract, my OC would either be shipped with Rainbow Dash, because I have almost no pride, or Gilda, because I try to not say anything hurtful.
What about you, who would you ship your OC with?

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2436697 The only OC that I actually shipped was paired with Derpy.

Oh, and a story in which Snips is caught in a love triangle between two of my OC's. Sweet Roll, the charming and sweeter-than-sugar baker and a mysterious changeling who is yet unnamed. (I should probably start a thread about changeling names...)

2436697 Fluttershy, of course!

If it had to be with a canon character, it would probably be with Cloudchaser. My OC has an attraction to pegasi. and her mane looks like my actual hair, only personified greatly. I always have that "just rolled out of bed look" which is why I almost always wear a hat.

Well I suppose I kind of did with my character Valor Spellbound and Rainbow Dash. But then he was a character specifically created for that purpose and more of a side character.

As for my main OC Midnight Star; she ends up with another OC and I've never considered putting her with a canon character.

I have not put my own avatar into a story and don't really plan on it...

Final Draft
Group Contributor

2436709 Is Red Heart canon?

Cause If so, I'd ship my OC Dream Chaser with her. After he has his rear legs broken by another competitor in the Equestria Games, he spends 10 years in and out of hospitals and rehab centers. During that time he goes through several nurses because he either can't stand them or the other way around. I figure he could eventually develop an emotional attachment to Nurse Red Heart

Redheart has most prominently appeared in three episodes. First, she was the one Twilight talked to in "Applebuck Season" regarding the baked bads. Secondly, there was the time in "Read It and Weep" when she was part of the group chasing Rainbow Dash around when she stole the book. Finally, there is the episode "Baby Cakes" where she was the one watching over Pound and Pumpkin Cake in the nursery and threw Pinkie Pie out when she was too hyper.

From Baby Cakes:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23