~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,678 members · 9,340 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

It's as if the moment I finish a story, ten others are doing the same. Guess it's not a small world after all.

My growing disparity aside, every pony loves a good card game. so go ahead....

Pick a card

4673647 About a hundred stories get published every day on Fimfiction. Get used to the competition.

4674205 You're really killing my comedic vibe with your dragon cynicism. If I wanted competition I wouldn't choose a community that openly shares their works across the internet, I'd go to a classroom.

4674245 It was not my intention to trample on your illusions. I merely wanted to relay to you that there are many people like you out there, trying to achieve the same thing you're trying to achieve.

What you're doing is like trying to feed a homeless person. It's a noble endeavor. However, if hundred people are already shoving stuff down the homeless throat, don't expect the homeless person to throw himself at your feet. Your cooking will have to be really exquisite if you want to catch the attention of the homeless person.

4674275 ............................................................

I am surrounded by mediocrity. Mediocrity, everywhere.

What Bad Dragon is saying, even if I wouldn't use his analogue, is still right, you know. It's like when you're trying to get a job in a corporation where hundreds of others want to work in. Even if you don't want the competition, you are in the competition.

4674301 If my obvious annoyance couldn't be expressed clearly enough, this is not about competition. It was used as a joke, a humorous lead in in order to ask the group to critique my latest story. What part of that don't you understand? How was that not a crucial thing your brain processed? Did your brain, somehow, try to understand the basic comedic elements but suddenly stopped because it couldn't breath and think at the same time? I'm not here to talk about competition for a fan fiction website, I'd take that shit to the real world.

I thought it was shameless self-promotion.

4674347 Excellent. At least there is one diamond in the rough around here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10