Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 195 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Heyo!

What's this? Kapuchu is back? And with more story ideas?

You bet!

A Discord centered idea.

Unbeknownst to mortals, there are a number of rules that divine beings are required to follow. Rules set down by the Creator, also known as Faust.* Upon their birth, or creation, any Divine Beings are told of these rules, and informed that punishment is abound should they be broken. It can be either imprisonment, exile from the mortal plane or, if the crimes are harsh enough, annihilation.

What most mortals don't realise is that while these Divine Beings are immortal, they have a mortal mind. It is true that they grow accustomed to the thought as they've known it for their entire existence as immortals, but even so, there are some that do not wish to linger.

Discord is one of those. He has never told anyone of his wish, never told anyone why he went rampant and let chaos descend upon the mortal ponies.

No one ever considered that, just maybe, he broke the rules in an attempt to end his own existence, in hopes of achieving that which had been taken from him: His Death.

Yeah... a story about Discord telling someone that he doesn't want to live forever. I imagine that it would be him talking to Luna and/or Celestia.

* - Or you can use another name, or just 'Creator' if you don't like the idea of the 'Creator' to be called Faust.

Second idea!

Jealousy.

One of the worst emotions that one could ever feel, and yet one that was so damnable difficult to get rid of. If first you want something that someone else had, you find yourself in a spiral. You want it, but can't get it. You strive for it, and the object of your jealousy only moves farther away, seeming out of reach.

Celestia should know this, but feeling this jealousy herself was something she had never expected. Who could have known? Who could have known that seeing Twilight have exactly what she has herself, and then still be more than she was, was possible? They were both Alicorns, both princesses. They both had friends, Twilight more so than Celestia, but what she lacked, what Celestia was jealous of - was the bond Twilight shared with her friends. Compared to those, whatever friendship she had with the former unicorn was like the friendship between teacher and student, and really, could she blame anyone but herself for that? She had always acted as only the teacher and never even attempted to get close enough to Twilight to become the kind of friend she so wanted to have.

Ten years since Twilight's ascension has passed, and Celestia finds herself with thoughts much darker than they should be. Jealousy is a powerful emotion, and she has seen what it can do to ponies.

She must talk to her sister before the Nightmare Forces can get a strong grip on her mind.

Keeping them out entirely, however, is already too late.

Oh yes. Celestia is the victim of jealousy, and she finds herself the victim of the Nightmare Forces. It's still in the early stages and will take many more years before it gets really bad (NMM bad), but she can still feel that they're there.

So knowing what they will do if she doesn't get back on track, she decides to try and fight them by talking to the only pony she knows that has experience with them: Her sister.

I hope you guys can use one of these two. If you choose to write a story based on one of these, I only ask that my name be written in the Description or Author's Note :pinkiesmile:

3234875 Theese have potential. Why don't you write them yourself?
I have my plate full and can't take them.

Same as you... Got my plate full :derpytongue2:

3234875 I would love to do the second one, but you know, the standard reasons. Too much going on, not enough skill, etc.

I like the first one.
(Well, the second one, too, but I just did a dark Celestia story, so it's not time for another one for a long while.)

But yes, I think I'll add the first one to my long list of ideas I'm going to write 'sometime in the future'.
Thanks for being generous with them. :twilightsmile: ... And not being an idea hoarder like me. :raritydespair:

Hehe, you're welcome :derpytongue2: Throw me a link if you ever get to writing it :pinkiesmile:

Heh, but I don't think I'll do it after the fact, like you seem to suggest... ponies talking about it afterwards.
No... much more fun to write it as it happens. I'll even be able to go into the 'what was it like before' in the beginning. :twilightsmile:

Dare I attempt a 1st person Discord story? Perhaps not... perhaps I'll tell it from Celestia's perspective. Either way, it'll be fun, and I'll definitely dabble in some DiscordxCelestia shipping. :trollestia:

Oh, and the creator is definitely the Invisible Pink Unicorn. (bbhh) :twilightsmile:

I would suggest doing it from Discord's perspective, but third person. It would work bes that way, I think.

1st person Discord would be such a delicious challenge, though. :rainbowkiss:
It would have to be told with the narrator being post-madness Discord. Can you imagine the lovely way it could work, with Discord-as-we-know-him telling you about his adventures as good-guy-Discord? The snide, condescending way he'd describe his former self? :rainbowkiss: That would be something to look forward to.
That could be a masterpiece of 1st person, there, since the pre-event character and post-event character/narrator are so different. :raritystarry: It'll highlight the change, as the character becomes more and more like the narrator as the story progresses.

I'm getting excited about this one now, as I think you can tell. :yay:

So you want to write a Discord from before he was all "chaos! *gets turned to stone*" ?

Oh yes. As told by a Discord from after he was all "Chaos! *gets turned to stone*". :rainbowkiss:

Can you imagine modern discord gagging at the idea of his former self being romantically involved with Celestia? It would be epic! A sweet, endearing love story... told by a now-jaded trickster who's disgusted with it all.

Let's try a sample. ^.^

Celestia leaned in just a little closer toward me. She had this look in her eyes... this... ugh. Do I really need to say it? She leaned in and... Why do I even? She kissed me, okay? And me, stupid, naive, idiotic me, I kissed her back. It still makes my skin crawl, I tell you.

It was just those eyes... those...

Anyway. The night went on. Lots of significant glances, lots of 'accidental' touches... not much talking. It went no further than that, mind you! Don't get any ideas. Well, not any further that night, anyway.

I'll have to practice it more, to really get Discord's tone down... but that should give an idea of it. :rainbowkiss:

I think I'll make Discord's fall not only an exercise in railing against an immortal life, but also be a product of their breakup... which was in turn caused by Discord getting bored and becoming more and more... chaotic.
He'll develop tendencies which lead to Celestia breaking up with him... and that'll lead to the full-on meltdown that had him throwing the world into chaos... partly hoping he'd be destroyed afterward.

I think I might end on a note of hinting at them getting back together, though. (The modern, 'reformed' Discord) Just a little hint.
(And then, maybe a sequel. ^.^)

You're going to stick to him wanting to die, right? ...:rainbowhuh:
Because that's kinda the point of the idea - He doesn't want to live anymore and he can't be killed, so he tries to break the rules set down on him to the point where The Creator (faust, for example) as no choice but to Erase him.

Of course.

He's getting increasingly bored with an immortal life... and has begun doing some out-of-line things to liven things up. He acts comical, but inside, he's a bit depressed. He's not stupid, he can see an eternity of boredom ahead. He's becoming a bit desperate to avoid it.
Celestia (his lover) disapproves. Failing to keep him in check any other way, she breaks up with him.
And that... that is what flips the switch. He now hates the world, hates himself, wants done with it. First few major bursts of chaos are just him lashing out at the world... but the thought of the consequences of his actions brings to mind a new plan: one that could finally end his boredom for good... if only he can break the rules badly enough.
That is what takes him into 'plunging the entire world into eternal chaos' mode. More than anything, he wants a mortal life, where he can live, love, and then die before becoming bored with his love... so terribly bored. He wants it to end, and he thinks he knows how to do it.

A thousand years later... after breaking out of his stone prison -- twice -- and being reformed... Celestia gives him a little kiss on the cheek. :rainbowderp:

I think it could be a beautiful, and hugely entertaining, story. :rainbowkiss:

It could... Perhaps if he found a will to live just a little longer because of his reformation? I can imagine that he wouldn't want to 'end' just like that now that he had gained Fluttershy as a friend.

Indeed... and you've hit on something: I'll need to give him motivation for not continuing his suicidal mission.

Fluttershy's friendship is a start, and ties in perfectly with show canon. That's what truly stopped his chaotic rampage, after all... other than the threat of being in stone again. That might do for this story.

For the sequel, though... Fluttershy is mortal. Can Celestia give him something else -- something eternal -- to care about, before Fluttershy is gone? How can Celestia win him back when he's convinced that no matter how much he might like it now, he'll become bored eventually? Celestia will have to convince him that she's no longer boring... that she has an eternity's worth of surprises up her sleeves.
And you thought she was just being Trollestia for her own amusement? :trollestia: No. She's learned that love is a give-and-take... and she's ready to give.

I honestly don't like the idea of Celestia/Discord shipping... But I only provide the base idea :applejackunsure:

As for wanting to 'End', well... I would suggest that he would continue to want that when Fluttershy is gone.

I would suggest that he would continue to want that when Fluttershy is gone.

Of course.
And Celestia knows it.
In order to prevent a second eternal-chaos-then-elements-then-stoned-Discord episode, she'll need to give him something eternal to care about. Herself.

That's the point, he wouldn't want to live regardless of that. He's reformed and has realised that just going all "chaos" won't help, so he calmly talks to her about it while she tries to convince him otherwise without success.

That's the point, he wouldn't want to live regardless of that.

Having his old love back, somehow more interesting and complicated than ever before, no longer so boring... that wouldn't make him want to live?

He's reformed and has realised that just going all "chaos" won't help, so he calmly talks to her about it while she tries to convince him otherwise without success.

Um... 'going chaos won't help; she tries to convince him otherwise'... She tries to convince him that going chaos will help? :rainbowhuh:

Oh well... even if you don't like Celestia/Discord shipping, you've gotta admit, it makes for a very good romance story, with the world hanging in the balance. :rainbowkiss:
I think that'll be my take on it.

I meant that Celestia would try to convince him that dying isn't a good idea.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20