• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Divine Path
Group Contributor

To Master Thread

To the extent of seeing a thousand ri (2,440 miles) ahead
Stage FOUR~
—MidBoss; BGM: Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall
Spell Card: Mountain Nomad "Expellee's Canaan"
She's got an absurdly practical ability, it seems.
The Petty Patrol Tengu

"Momiji Inubashiri, the white wolf tengu still active in adding pieces and expanding rules, had the following to say:

"I thought that we were the only ones making original rules. I could not believe my eyes to see that the same kind of thing washappening in the outside world as well. It's a bit frustrating.

I want to see how shogi in the outside world has evolved with my own eyes. There is the possibility that the rules have beensimplified, since all of the new pieces which were found couldn't be promoted. In that case, we tengu would likely find it lacking.""
~Inubashiri Momiji

"Feel free to discuss stuff like character design, head canons, theories, opinions and the sort.
Also, feel free to post favorite fan art or character specific themes, or whatever so long it's relevant to the topic.
Cut and paste bit for anyone else who wants to do this
To spread these out so we has some steady discussion, each new character thread will be made 2-3 days from the last one(rule not set in stone. Flexible if needed) Feel free to bump up old threads.
Fan Art: Try and make it SFW as far as content and hosting site, though if you need to just add (Gore), (NSFW) or whatever is needed. Safebooru is an alternative to danbooru. if you want to find a particular piece on another site, Go Here, Click on the camera and paste the direct image link , hopefully another link to it should turn up."
Copy Paste: end

so a ri is 2,440 miles across? if multiplied by a thousand...

Divine Path
Group Contributor

No, that's the total. A thousand ri is equivalent to that many miles.

5417596 I put the dash in front of the two...nevermind

Divine Path
Group Contributor

All right then.:3

I'm sad Momiji doesn't have more major appearances.

Divine Path
Group Contributor

A different kind of tengu who tries to make sure no one climbs the Mountain unnanounced, like a disciplined dog. Finds Aya annoying.

Species: White Wolf Tengu
Ability: Seeing a thousand ri ahead
A tengu that patrols the Youkai Mountain. Thanks to her superior senses of sight and smell, she can detect any intruder in an instant. When she discovers intruders she attempts to intimidate them with simple attacks, and once they cannot handle the intruders, they reports to the Great Tengu.
Her forces are usually lying in wait behind the waterfall. She has a very cooperative personality and executes her duties faithfully. This is unusual for youkai, but not uncommon in tengu society.
However, she usually has a lot of free time, as the Youkai Mountain doesn't receive many intruders. While awaiting orders, she enjoys playing a rather time-consuming game called Dai shogi with the nearby kappa.
It's hard for the especially long-lived youkai to find good ways to pass the time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7