Human in Equestria 16,855 members · 17,045 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

I think we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't really know but if friendship is magic.......:unsuresweetie:

4581139 we can't know till it happens. But I was a fan of G1(my little pony and friends) and enjoyed some of the g2 (my little pony tails) shows but g3 and 3.5 can burn. But as long as the writers try and give a good story and maintain characters development..... (which they are starting to slip on few episodes recently in the new season.) The fandom will stay strong.

4581139 who cares! I'm here for the now.:pinkiecrazy:

But if we get a bad new series in like 11 years would it kill or split the fandom in half and would lose like most of the fandom?

If D&D is a fair comparison, the worst would be for it to be good according to a completely different set of tastes/criteria than the previous.

If everyone agrees it's bad, the existing fandom will just shun it and enjoy what they like, but if it earns its own, conflicting fandom, plus a bunch of hapless fans stuck in the middle enjoying both...
the brony wars will last for years!

4581302 thanks also hadn't that song in years.

Well given that the franchise is already split between bronies and MLPers (the franchise pre-G4), that could be a guideline: a friend went to the MLPCon in Florida, where they told her the con was about MLP, "not brony crap."

but that doesn't make sense...

If you're looking for sense in fandom, I recommend you stop. Besides, it's been clear than some of the older MLP fans and some interest groups do not care for bronies. That's a fact of life.

Whoa there are actually facts of life....my godzzzzzzzsssss...

I'm not sure what will happen. I'm 95% sure that we will see a new iteration of the franchise within 15 years after the R.I.P. in peace of the current generation. Whether or not any effort will be put into it is anyone's guess. It could be decent, complete shit, or somewhere in between. Who knows?

I'm sure that some will like it, even if it's just the mindless "OMFG EVERYTHING MLP RELATED IS AUTOMATICALLY AWESOME!!!" crowd who will blindly devour anything Hasbro pukes out and enjoy it, sheerly out of loyalty to the fandom.

To be fair, bronies have made themselves fairly infamous for pushing their fandom into places and situations where it was not invited, or even outright unwelcome (especially on the internet). Now with the large amounts of websites dedicated to the fandom containing the spread somewhat, many bronies look around in confusion, scratching their heads and wondering why an alarmingly large portion of the non-brony internet community holds contempt for them. I am not surprised that some of these people have gathered in real life as well.

I'm not saying bronies are the only ones who have done this before, but rarely does a group of people have such a large impact on the internet community altogether. That being said, I don't think the people who think about nothing but how much they hate bronies and will chomp at the bit to bitch about them are really any better.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15