The Toby Mason Appreciation Association 189 members · 212 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
fred2266
Group Admin

For those of you that are keeping track, it's been over three weeks since the last chapter. Before that, it took over a MONTH. Other than that, it's usually never more than a week.

Why is this?

I've kept this under wraps for over a week, because truthfully, I just didn't want to have to say it, but Jason already knows, so I feel you guys should know.....

This thread post is to announce my resignation from the A New Home III writing team.

I have a project I am working with my friend on, which is the "Equestrian Wrestling Federation." I am totally and FULLY committed to it, and I cannot possibly work on both it and the EWF at the same time, because me and my friend write for it every day.

This was my decision. My friend did not pressure me into doing this. He was fine with me working on A New Home III at the same time as our little project. I, meaning ONLY me, have chosen to resign.

I LOVE writing for this story, absolutely. I am just so into this new project. It's like when you get a new toy as a child...all your old toys become a figment of your past. Sure, you'll remember the fun times you had with those old toys some day, but at that moment in time, you're into the NEW toy. That's the situation now.

It wasn't because I figured out while writing the chapter that I had a sudden BOREDOM tied to it, like A New Show, because really, I hadn't even written ONE. SINGLE. WORD for the newest chapter the past three weeks, so I wouldn't know if I was bored of it yet or not. I'm only going off of the last chapter I wrote, "A Day at the Park." That chapter, like every other chapter I've written, was OODLES of fun to write. I just want to work on the EWF with my friend....forever, and, for that to happen, I have to cut ties.

Of course, though, I'm not going to just up and leave. I have some people to thank.....

I'd like to thank Jason (APoeticHeart), for giving me the opportunity to finally make something WORRY of admiration and appreciation. I can honestly say my writing on A New Home III is the best writing I've EVER done. Bar none. I'd also like to thank Jason for even taking my idea in the first place. If you didn't know, the entire plot of A New Home III, was my idea. The idea of Toby going to the Equestria Girls realm just....intrigued me. So, I brought it up to Jason, and, apparently, it intrigued HIM, too. Lastly, I'd like to thank Jason for being such a HUGE support for me during the time I was stationed at Camp Anewhomethree (ha I'm stupid.) Every time I was sick during writing, or got writer's block during writing, he was there to help me through it all. He helped with ideas, and he even gave me the greatest advice I've ever gotten during my writing tenure: "It's about quality, not quantity." Without that kind of guidance, you guys would've gotten shitty chapters every 2 days of a NOT shitty series. So, I made every chapter count, and gave it my all. At least...I hope I did. I will forever be grateful to Jason for this wonderful chance to show that I'm not some below par joke whose only contribution to fanfiction ever will be slapping me and my best friend into Equestria in a story that contained nothing but dick jokes and useless memes (which will never be completed, by the way.)

To all those that hate me, which I'm not sure HOW many that is, or even if they ARE any....thanks for keeping your hatred SILENT, and not talking to me, because you would've pissed me off, and I didn't want to get pissed off.

And of course, I'd like to thank you all, the fans.....before this, none of you (besides Jason) had probably ever heard of me. I was probably nobody to you. I rarely ever left comments on the A New Home stories because all my comments on the chapters were contained in my readings. I was an outsider, and some of you probably thought the idea of Jason bringing in a CO-writer was downright ignorant (it's okay, Templar.) I can only hope I didn't let ANY of you down....

I've met DOZENS of new and terrific friends simply from working on this story. Some of them are different from me, while others think EXACTLY like I do. I apologize if I ever annoyed one of you with my antics, but I'm sure by now you know that was just "fred being fred." I never expected my insanity to leave a mark in ANYTHING, but now I've got people saying stuff like "this reminds me of fred; it's CRAZY."

You all have been the icing on the writing cake, in my opinion. When I wasn't writing a chapter, I could always count on having fun with you guys in these threads. You made me laugh, and laugh, and jizz uncontrollably, and let's not count out the laughter.

I cherish my friendships with EVERY one of you. Until you forget about me, that is. Or vice versa. I'll try not to let that happen, though. Thank you guys for reading my chapters of the story, as well as A New Show, my contribution of STUPIDITY, if I do say so myself. Some of you didn't like A New Show, and I get why. The toilet humor wasn't for everyone, and it's perfectly okay. I'm just content knowing you gave it a fair chance.

If any of you guys ever need to talk, I'm right here. Message me, make a thread post, whatever. I'm here to listen, because no matter WHAT you may think, I care. I'm not just some nut-case....I truly do care, because I'd want others to care if I was in YOUR situation.

So, once again, thank you Geo, Hunter, midnight, Alex, Cody, Sonik, and all you other magnificent motherfuckers that I've gotten to know even a TINY bit. Even those I've never even talked to....stay awesome.

I'm not leaving FimFiction. I'm not leaving the Fandom. I'm just leaving the writing team for A New Home III. You'll always find me in the threads, making dumb ones myself, or having my cult-famous idiotic conversations on someone else's thread. You can catch me livestreaming, or, like I said, just send a message if you want to talk.

Although, I'm not COMPLETELY done with A New Home III yet. My new title is going to be the D.O.C., which stands for Director Of Creativity. I've been giving Jason ideas for chapters since before the first chapter was even started, and that's not going to stop. When he needs ideas, I'll be there to give him them. If you guys want to give him ideas, you can do that, too, of course.

I'll never stop reading the A New Home series. Every chapter of this story that gets released, I will squee with joy, and I'll read the fuck out of it until the chapter calls the cops on me. I love this series, and now that I've had the opportunity to get the inside scoop of it, I'll forever be tied to it.

If this story is my biggest contribution to My Little Pony fanfiction, than I could not be more proud. Everyone seemed to enjoy my chapters, and I had the most fun I could have asked for while making them. Hell, I made the LONGEST chapter of ANY A New Home story, "Hope." It's also my favorite. Is it because I was the one who created it? Not FULLY, but yes, that's a big part of it. You fucking BET I'm biased towards my own writing!

I always said I would leave THE MOMENT people were unhappy with me, whether it be for me creating a shitty chapter, an incident, or whatever. I'm happy to report that I'm leaving on my own terms with NO backlash towards me (that I know of.)

I've never been able to fully complete a story, and I now must add this story to that list. I guess it's a curse of mine. I'll forever be proud of myself for telling the BEST story, bringing forth the BEST writing, and having the most fun I've EVER had on a story, and I'm glad you all could join me on the journey. It's been the funnest time of my life since becoming a Brony.

In closing, the writer IS out...but the D.O.C.tor.....is IN.

*Salutes*
good luck in your future story.

2820079 Well I'm glad you're not leaving the group. I picture you and Jason like a tag team wrestling team. You're not leaving the match, you just tagged out. Besides this group still needs your brand of craziness to balance out the seriousness

Aww, I just woke up and now I'm all sad and stuffs.
Well, in any case, it was nice having you as a writer. Not enough people appreciate good writing, and I just wanted to express my appreciation. In the chapters you have written, you've made me cry, and laugh, and sigh, which is something I can't say very many people have done. It takes a lot of good writers craft and really good storytelling in order to get that out of me, and you've got it from me.
I will always have a gratitude for the wonderful stories and chapters you have created, and I tip my metaphorical hat to you. *hat tip*
~Sonik

fred2266
Group Admin

2820118 Thanks, buddy.

fred2266
Group Admin

2820202 That analogy made me pretend to cry.

2820364 Well I knew you both like wrestling

fred2266
Group Admin

2820453 It was a fine analogy though.

2820464 Had a feeling it would be a good one

2820373 As long as you don't leave the group (in which case you do I will shun you and leave you FOREVERERERERRERRERERERER), you'll always have my appreciation.

fred2266
Group Admin

2821086 -Bans myself-

2820079 i give you this song as a goodbye present

Comment posted by SK Alex deleted Feb 11th, 2014
SK Alex
Group Contributor

2820079 It is your decision and I respect it completely. You have done more than enough for us. You deserve all the from all of us. You've done more than enough for ME. You do whatever you feel is best for you and I WILL follow your choice my friend.

In short, I may be saddened by this news, but you are still you and you're still here and that's all that matters...

fred2266
Group Admin

2822450 Working on the EWF full-time makes up for it, doesn't it?

2820079 I hope this isn't a goodbye though from this site entirely though my friend, because you are a good friend to all of us. :twilightsmile: Also, it has been an honor working with you on co-writing ANH3, and I promise to make you and everyone here proud of the upcoming chapters. :pinkiehappy:

2822450 Like my friend said, if you all have ideas for upcoming chapters, either post them in a thread on here, or send me them in a private message or message. :twilightsmile:

fred2266
Group Admin

2825309 DENIED AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CREATIVE CONTROLL'D.

fred2266
Group Admin

2825258 I'd never leave the site. Ponyfic is too damn good and I need to read more.

2825258 hmmm so far working full time for the prologue for toby lied so sorry my friend

2820079 I wish you the best of luck Fred, godspeed you magnificant son of pony. *SALUTE*
This calls for one last thing:

Can't wait to read your story! :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23