Cyberpunk Equestria 496 members · 115 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Robipony
Group Admin

So, I've been thinking about cybernetics lately and while most of the time they are used simply to replace lost limbs (or in a setting like Cyberpunk replace the "weaker" flesh with "stronger" machinery), they can sometimes have even wacker variants for example in the anime, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, there are some leg augements with mantis blades (something I found to be both odd and fascinating, having played the original game).

This made me wonder, could there be other wacky cybernetic variants?

Feel free to comment below, either with odd cybernetics that you have seen in games, books, movies, etc... As well.as some crazy ideas you can think of.

ìf you wanna take cybernetics to the extreme, just look at the Adeptus Mechanicus. some of their tech priests have multiple sets of extra mechanical limbs with tools and weapons. legs that have been replaced with tracks or even entire centipede lower bodies. Augmented forms of vision, or computer interfaces. there is pretty much no limit really to what you can do when it comes to merging flesh and machinery.

Ever since Spider-Man 2, I've always been partial to combat tentacles.

Well considering that ponies/horses can use their back legs to kick and buck I wouldn't be surprised they could also have hidden weapon attachments behind there, and that's not even taking about their tails. As for other ideas I could imagine them using a page from Fallout Equesteria with battle saddles or utility yokes, or maybe a mounted 'helper' backpack to carry stuff for them or used as an assistant. I could imagine led lighting manes with light patterns, or animated cutie marks.

Robipony
Group Admin

7863270 I do like robotic tentacles.

7863250 Yeah, definitely seen a few of them.

7863332 Yeah, a battle saddle built into a pony's back could be intriguing. A robotic arm could pop out of the back, fulfilling Lyra's dreams of... hands.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6