Cyberpunk Equestria 496 members · 115 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

As in like medieval torture levels of pain. Just a question that entered my brain. Interested to hear what others think. I think I might.

I don’t like pain.
I also don’t like the thought of a company going under and leaving me with out of date parts (cough killedbygoogle).

How else would the artificial limbs get connected to the brain? Have you seen Fullmetal Alchemist?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yeah, there are literally people out there now with bionic eye implants where the company no longer supports them, and if anything goes wrong, they'll go blind again...

--Sweetie Belle

No matter how good the technology gets, organic will always be preferable to cyber.

Robipony
Group Admin

It would really depend upon why I was getting the cybernetics. I'm not about to replace my body parts just cause.

Maybe if my life depended upon it and my family really insisted on it.

"From the moment I learnt of the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel."

Getting a new pair of eyes and some brain chips would be worth the pain.

Robipony
Group Admin

7824125 Is that from Warhammer 40k? :rainbowderp:

yes. The mechanicus copypasta monologue on why flesh is weak and metal is strong.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

A lot would depend on the situation. For a cyber eye implant, first, I'd want there to be several companies that made them, open specs, and third party shops everywhere that could fix/install them. Plenty of right to repair stuff. I'd also prefer it to be some sort of situation where most of it could be replaced easily. For example, if the eye is in an a cybernetic socket, I can pull it out myself, and I only need a wetware shop's help if the socket goes bad.

Also, I'd want it to be as good at vision as the real thing or better, and with extra features like being able to record, be used to display things from a computer, etc, and I'd want the software to be open and to be able to replace the firmware myself, as I don't want people backdooring my eyes and recording everything or making me see ads at all times or such.

And I'd only replace one eye. (In fact, without glasses, one of my eyes is extremely blurry for anything past half an arms length, so it'd be that one...)

--Sweetie Belle

Either way you wind up with body parts which can break down or glitch and require routine maintenance.

The difference is that the organic parts are more centralized and can't be hacked and used to screw with your body and mind by any jerk with a internet link, skill and time.

Are we talking teen titans cyborg or warforged from D&D cause if it's the later sign my ass up I will be nigh unkillable and I will make multidimensional travel possible I WILL HALO AND METROID MY SELF

Speaking as someone who has had part of his body replaced by metal, if not machinery, it will be. Oh, it will be. But sometimes it’s the best option.

Bruh warforged exist for a reason D&D

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14