The Destiny Clan 567 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

So, I recently started work and planning on a Destiny fanfic-still working on the first chapter- and my planning has led me to a few interesting things, including designing a Darkness Subclass for the Hunter right now. I looked at how each of the Hunter subclasses are laid out, including the names of the two branches, and used that to influence how the Darkness subclass would work. So, assuming a Darkness subclass were to come to D2, do you guys think this might be a possibility?

Clawscrapper: Hunter Darkness Subclass
Grenades: Poison mist; slows, disorients, and damages enemies akin to Wizard poison
Implosion grenade: creates a black hole that draws enemies and projectiles towards it before exploding and leaving a poison area behind for aoe damage ticks that also slow and prevent enemies from jumping
Impale grenade: spawns javelins of Darkness that impale enemies, adding or countering their momentum dependent on direction of spear and enemy. Must be in LoS from impact point to target
Super: Darkness Claws: summon claws made from pure darkness. Infinite dodge and enhanced tracker while active
Top tree: Way of the predator
Node 1: Lacerating claws: melee attack that causes the target to bleed, leaving a trail to follow with a small DoT that worsens the longer it goes.Can stack
Node 2:Agile avoidance: dodging increases melee range and decreases incoming damage for a short time
Node 3: Keen senses; while super is active, enemies are highlighted through walls; dangerous targets are marked
Node 4: Apex predator: Increased damage resistance, melee range, and sprint speed while super is active; become invisible for super duration, at expense of duration; dodges forward now go in zig-zag
Bottom tree: Way of the Venomous
Node 1: Toxic claws: Poisons enemies, permanently reducing speed and maximum health while allowing the user to constantly track them
Node 2:Wolfpack: Teammates see enemies marked by toxic claws
Node 3: Unseen lash: Melee attacks grant you invisibility until the next shot
Node 4: Winding strike: Dodging while in super wounds all in the path. Increased dodge distance, damage resistance while dodging, melee range, and ability length while Super is active
I'm still on the naming phase for the Warlock and Titan Darkness subclasses, so if you guys like this, I might post the Titan and Warlock Darkness subclasses here.

the invisibility and highliting enemies through walls will be too op

You can basically do that already if you run Nightstalker and wear the Foetracer exotic helmet. No matter which path you pick as a Nightstalker, you can get invisibility. One path, it's in the dodge, the other it's in the melee ability. Plus, in the path where the invis is in the dodge, the path also grants Keen Tracker, which highlights enemies through walls. It is definitely not OP.

become invisible for super duration,
that's op even if your super lasts for a short time its still op to be invisible the entire time

That's pretty cool, I have a destiny crossover idea where a young guardian accidentally finds the world of Equis (And all creatures are anthro) and finds eqestria taken over by the caribou. He saves the Mane 6, and the princesses and he brings them to earth to teach them to be guardians and save their world. But this is a project I won't do for a while, and just in case no one has my permission to use my idea unless they ask me about it.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any ideas on how to improve it?
Oh, and for the angle of creatures of Darkness, that actually doesn't change the class all that much, as you could easily argue the super is actually the Hunter succumbing to the Darkness for a short time, becoming nothing more than a feral animal. When I make the Warlock and Titan ones, the idea is the class giving into the darker sides-Hunters becoming feral like the beasts in the wilds, and the Warlocks basically becoming mad scientists.
. . .
And suddenly, I have an idea for one of the Warlock melees.

Cool but how the story goes in my head will be different compared to yours so no need to worry about any copyright issues, the only similarities I could think of involve destiny, caribou, and anthro equestria.

Revised version. A note, in the time between the original and this, the idea came to me to give each Darkness subclass their own flair. That is removing a certain aspect: in the case of the Hunters, it is dodge as it exists currently, and move those into the nodes so there is a certain synergy between the ability and subclass. They are node 3 in the revised version

Clawscrapper: Hunter Darkness Subclass-no dodge inherent
Grenades: Poison mist; slows, disorients, and damages enemies akin to Wizard poison
Psion grenade: functions exactly like Psion grenades, little damage
Impale grenade: spawns javelins of Darkness that impale enemies, adding or countering their momentum dependent on direction of spear and enemy. Must be in LoS from impact point to target
Super: Darkness Claws: summon claws made from pure darkness. Infinite dodge and enhanced tracker while active
Top tree: Way of the predator
Node 1: Lacerating claws: melee attack that causes the target to bleed, allowing user to constantly track them and increasing damage
Node 2:Desperate strike: Melee energy is refilled when health is low
Node 3:Agile avoidance: dodge in a zig zag pattern, increasing melee damage for a short time after and damage resistance while dodging
Node 4: Keen senses;enemies nearby are highlights and can be seen through walls
Node 5: Apex predator: Melee range and movement speed is increased, melee attack rate is doubled
Bottom tree: Way of the Venomous
Node 1: Toxic claws: Poisons enemies, permanently reducing speed and maximum health while doing four ticks of damage
Node 2:Debilitating poison: melee attacks disorient the target
Node 3: Unseen lash: Dodge becomes a cone aoe attack as you dash forward
Node 4: Retaliatory strike: poisoned enemies receive extra damage for a short time after they melee attack you
Node 5: Winding strikes: Invulnerable. Lose ability to jump, slow on landing from heights (around the height of the overhangs in the Last City crucible map.

The Darkness subclasses are meant to be unique, and those nodes are to compensate for the Marksman's and Gambler's dodges not being in the class. Same overall amount of nodes in the Subclass-three on jump, three on grenade, the center(super) two class, and eight path nodes. Removing the class ability and putting one on each path still results in a total of seventeen nodes. To visualize, the new node-the one that adds to the super itself for these- is at the center of the path, with the other four connected to the sides of that node. The new subclasses still get those abilities, but they now synergize with the node.
The Warlock one will remove general grenades, giving each node a unique grenade and a passive in the middle of the nodes, and the Titans won't have lift abilities, and will have a passive along with the path connected replacements.
Besides, lore wise, this could be seen as the Darkness corrupting the abilities.
Not bashing your comment, just giving my reasons why the Darkness subclasses I'm designing are like that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13