Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Rocinante
Group Admin

September - October contest.

1,500 - 5,000 words.
OC or Canon
last day to submit, Oct - 14
submit stories to the group folder: Nightmare Night.

You're around the campfire with the mane six, and it's your turn to tell a ghost story.

With Nightmare Night around the corner, lets try to wright out best horror story.
Gore is acceptable, but not encouraged. We're going for suspense over shock.

Oooh! Interesting! This should be fun :pinkiehappy:

Who would tell the story?

Does it has to be me or it can be anything I want?

Rocinante
Group Admin

1774749 You are free to interpret the setup any way you like. I was being more figurative, as in what story would you tell, but run with it any way the grabs your imagination. :twilightsmile:

I didn't think I had another ghost story in me, but I have an idea now, so I'm in. The story I was working on can wait a couple of days.

Does it have to be the Mane 6? I see this working better as a filly's story (the CMC and a few others) and I'd like my OC Quiz to be the point of view character. But if you want the Mane 6 I can make that work.

I've got a bit on my plate with college mid-terms coming up, but I think I might be able to do something... Hell, I might do it anyway, whether or not I make the October 14th deadline.

Comment posted by Rocinante deleted Sep 27th, 2013
Rocinante
Group Admin

1811768 The theme is pretty loose, you can use any OC or canon characters you like. The setup of "You're around the campfire with..." Was just to set the mood.

1826982 Love to see it, even if it's late. I

I'm in. so, who's turn is it next around this campfire?

Comment posted by RoMS deleted Oct 6th, 2013

My story has been added to the folder!

Rocinante
Group Admin

1895733 noted :twilightsmile:

Reviews will be posted around the 18th. I want to post them all at once. Though I'll start reading them in the next day or so.

Rocinante
Group Admin

Results are in. I have commented on all of your stories. Thank you for writing.

Anyone have comments about their methods for tension and pacing in a story?

The next contest will be "Kill your protagonest" no defined date yet. But I'll let the idea stew till then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11