Zero Punctuation Reviews 314 members · 209 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Dragacane
Group Admin

www.fimfiction.net/story/238958/most-faithful-mirror
Now it's time for your Australian impersonating an another Australian.

After accidentally changing our universe to where there is a girl who shares a soul similar to mine is currently playing Dark souls 2 near me, I've been feeling awfully ‘meh’ recently.

There lots of other things I could be doing like trying the cure cancer or maybe finding a new planet for humans to suck dry when we eventually kill Earth. It doesn't even have to be a big thing, I've been writing non-pony, actual story and it won’t write itself but here I am not write what can be the new Game of thrones but a review for a MLP fanfiction.

After reading this I didn't know what to think about it, not because it was some hidden gem within a New earth size shit or some deep questions of why humans are like we are today but because I feel like this was kind of hoping I would feel some sympathy to Celestia and I came out with “So Celestia taught Celestia how to be Celestia for when Celestia wanted to swap lives with Celestia?”

While this played, muted, with my eyes half rolled back in my head, I was thinking how, after reading this, I was not really sure what to think about the story, because to me, the story was at any second about to hit me in the face with a catfish that obviously represents emotions, but all the story did was wonder why was I looking at it so hard, like I was going to jump on it and hump it’s leg.

So I did the thing that I’ll shall forever regret doing and looked at the comments to shed some light on at least something... anything worth losing some sort of pride I have of not looking at the comments before starting a review, like “pride” is some sort of weird condom protecting against ‘reviewers HIV’. Then I looked at the comment and fucking give me my pride back because the only thing I found was someone was just as confused as I was, who asked if the story was finished, only to be told it is.

There are two, maybe three people that say this is the golden fedora of euphoria-ness, but I don’t really see it, and a problem is the only way thing I can say for the writing cat to improve on is kind of everything. I don’t know if it is just my meh-ness radiating from my body, but after reading it a couple times, the only thing I can say about it, like my mood: “Meh”.

When I say “improve on everything”, I say that because there was nothing out there for me to be like ‘oh’. 'A Historical Pun' had the spell and pun. 'Through A Glass Darkly' had a dark thing going on. 'The Pinkie Pie Massacre' had the violent retelling of ‘Too many Pinkie Pies. While Mirrors of the most faithful had the life swap thing, it had no buildup for me. The previous stories mentioned had some sort of build up to the story twist or moment, even if one of them was just average, while MFM opened, and next thing I knew, Celestia was telling Celestia that Celestia taught Celestia well enough to be Celestia.

I’m sure there are people who have read this story and just went, “What the fuck, Dragacane? Are you even reading the same story, you kangaroo fucker?” To that, I respond with: “Well, that is quite interesting that you think about humans having sexual intercourse with kangaroos, but you should also know that these reviews are subjective, and that your mother should have taken the fucking pill if you think you should hold that against me.”

You may or may not have noticed that I haven’t talked a lot about the grammar, pacing, setting describing, etc., but I have already said what I feel like I needed to when I said it’s all “meh.”

So yeah, the story dodges my not trademark ‘This is fucking shit’ stamp, but it dodges into 'Bored out of my bloody mind’ stamp.

Now if anyone needs me I’ll be trying to kill a fucking two headed spider that has killed me four times already with Ruby in the self torture game AKA Dark Souls 2.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1