The Time Loop Trilogy 426 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

I am unsure if the story tells us or not, but I was wondering how long did Twilight go through the time loop?

a few hours, i think. but she was unconcious for a while.

I think you misunderstand. How much subjective, linear time did Twilight experience?

I think you misunderstand

well, he should word the question better then.

I'm not sure I agree. Twilight's experience inside of the time loop does not correlate to the duration of the loop from the outside.

Inside and outside are starkly different concepts in most regards, even when dealing with time. :twilightsmile:

If we assume and round out to three hours per loop, that makes one day per 8 loops.

One day = 8 loops.
One week = 8x7 = 56 loops.
One month = 8x31 = 248 loops. (or 56x4 = 224)
One year = 8x365 = 2920 loops.

Considering Twilights descriptions, I'd say at least a couple of months.

Think of it like this: Space and time are fundamentally the same thing. Each iteration of the loop that Twilight existed through had an amount of space equal to the universe as it existed prior to the time loop.

From that perspective, it becomes a question of how much bigger the total space of those universes was when compared to the total space of the iteration in which she originated. This deals with infinite sets, but the sets are countably infinite in this case.

Is that more clear?

It does occur to me to add for practical purposes that the magnitudes would be aleph-0 and aleph-1, for original and loop-iterative universe volumes, respectively.

Unless I grossly misunderstand set theory, which is always possible. :twilightsheepish:

1187521 uh-huh...
egghead

1187521 you seem to know alot about temporal...stuff

I'm... not allowed to go into too much detail as to why that is, any more.
Let's see if I can do a bit better, though.
If it's still not a satisfactory example, think of the universe as a bottle.
Every time she goes through counts as another bottle.
How many bottles did she go through?

I'm sorry to admit that, despite any suggestion to the contrary that my comprehension of your question may have given you, I honestly do not know the answer to it.

I was simply not counting at the time. :facehoof:

Dear lord, I killed it. :twilightoops:

What a fool I was in my hubris! :twilightangry2:

Five years, seven months, three days, six hours, thirteen minutes, twenty six seconds.

1187521 Please save it for your dissertation. This is an online story discussion, not Harvard.

From what Twilight says during A Stitch in Time, she "lost" about three months of her life.

Queen Twilight states she went through fifty thousand loops before she lost count - according to Eakin, that was about a decade - and eventually her mind.

Oh jeez, I am really sorry I went off like that. You're right, it wasn't called for. :twilightblush:

Edit: I do offer a sincere apology for that. Just because the fic in question revolves around an egghead, as it were, there's clearly no excuse for acting like one myself when the problem at hand involves nothing more complicated than some counting and division.

No, don't be sorry. I prefer something like that to most internet arguments.

I'm glad someone does. I'm a lot better at math than I am at people, even in text. :twilightsmile:

Probably years, while evil Twi went through decades, or possibly longer.

Also, it does say somewhere in Stitch that even though it was a day for her friends, it was months for her. So we can assume at least a month.

I assumed about 3-4 months worth of time loops. Possibly up to 6 months.

Haven't read the Queen Twilight fic, but I assumed it was for multiple years, which aligns with what others have said.

She’s not getting away that easily, not when I’m running on the better part of a decade’s worth of repressed lust. My mouth moves to the little sensitive place on her neck that I’ve been putting to such good use for the last forty five minutes or so and she gives an involuntary little yelp.

-"Perfect Run" of Hard Reset

Probably the best quote I found for "canon" Twilight. Of course, "better part of a decade" probably doesn't only refer to the timeloop, but it's a start.

Eakin
Group Admin

The time loop, assuming Twilight doesn't do anything, runs from 3:00 to 5:57 PM. 10,627 seconds.

Main timeline Twilight, about 3 months give or take.

Alternate ending Queen Sparkle, about twenty years.

Fate spoilers:
Princess Sparkle, several million years

Ow wow, I can understand now why Queen Sparkle began to lose her sanity.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26