Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 93 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 93
SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"You said you had something you needed my help with, Madam Fittings?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yes, Sweetie. I was going to wait until later to teach you about this, but matters have come to a head, and I'm afraid I need your help with it now."

"Um, well, ok. What do I need to do?"

"Well, first, come with me."

Madam Fittings shoved aside a wall hanging Sweetie Belle knew had been hung on a empty wall to reveal a passage. Looking into it, it seemed to be going into empty space. But Madam Fittings walked confidently through onto thin air, so Sweetie Belle did likewise, gulping.

Going through the empty night sky, stars to all sides, Madam Fittings led Sweetie Belle to a huge multithreaded tapestry. It was absolutely lovely - to a point. Then threads started tangling, crossing each other, snapping, and losing their color, until one side was just a giant knotted mess of threads.

"What is this place?" Sweetie Belle asked. "And what happened there? The tapestry was going so well, then..."

"Then things went out of control, and became chaotic, and turned into one big knot. But don't you recognize it? See this thread?" she said, pointing out one in particular.

Looking at the thread, it started violet, then turned scarlet, lost it's color and went back to scarlet. Then it became intertwined with a frayed sapphire thread.

"Wait? Is that me somehow?"

Madam Fittings nodded.

"So this is the whole college, then?" she said, incredulously.

"The whole world, dear, and we're past the point where we can fix things easily. We're going to have to do this the hard way. And that's where I need your help."

"My help?"

"We are going to have to start fresh. But I intend to salvage as much as I can. I need you to help me detangle this mess, so we can salvage as many threads as possible for a new, better start to the tapestry."

"Start over? But - my friends? All the good times?"

"I'm sure you'll make friends with many of them again, dear, and some who aren't even part of the tapestry any more will have a second chance. We all will."

"This is huge, though. It'll take hours!"

"Days, dear, so we'd best get to it."

Sweetie Belle thought for a minute, then started helping Madam Fittings with the monumental task ahead.

--Sweetie Belle/Madam Fittings
((How canon this is is up to Cielia and Sebastian, but I thought we could use an excuse for the reboot...))

>tangled threads
lol i get it

>tangled threads
I have observed what you have done, and I am slightly amused.

this post gets every last fucking fiber of my approval

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

1364956>>1364978

I did very much enjoy the double meanings there.

1364968>>1364987

Thanks. For me, 'let's reboot the whole RP' isn't enough. I want to know why it reboots. And I thought it deserved something like this to end it. For not really doing any revision on it, I think it turned out pretty well.

--Sweetie Belle

1365013 Well for me one is that Pine sacrificed himself to destroy one of the great evils. I chose that route because I was losing interest in this group due to so many unnecessary threads an OP characters.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

((
The worst of it is that I shouldn't be as active as I am, because it's interfering with other things. Writing, mainly.

And one reason I haven't suicided any characters is that most of these are characters from outside the group I brought in, and very much like. If I lost interest enough, they would have dropped out.

I'll be interested to see how this reboot goes, though.
))

I'll be interested to see how it turns out as well

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1365036 What would happen... if Pyro or SB were to find this place... and accidentally set everything on fire...

1365227>>1365039>>1365036

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

1365227>>1365251

In theory, the end of the universe, or, at least, of all the people in it, though I'd spin new thread. But the threads are a metaphor, dearie, and you can't set fire to a metaphor. The area Sweetie Belle and I are in is just one where metaphors are particularly solid. That said, it doesn't matter, since the wall hanging only showed an opening because I pushed it aside. Anyone entering the shop right now would just see a wall there.

Additionally, this is my domain. Everything here behaves as I want it to. Young Ukiah could enter here and bluster all he wanted, and still not be able to affect things.

--Madam Fittings

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1365260 Oh... thats good... it won't stop Pyro from burning your shop though...

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

The shop will be recreated in the reweaving process anyways. Places are represented just as well as people in the tapestry. And it wouldn't be the first time my shop has burnt down, and probably won't be the last time.

--Madam Fittings

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1365266 Sadly I think a few threads are too intertwined... ((Some characters won't be coming back, like Blaze. He said so himself))

Comment posted by Weirdguy deleted Jul 26th, 2013
Comment posted by Midnight Words deleted Jul 26th, 2013
Comment posted by Pyro deleted Jul 26th, 2013
Comment posted by Stiggerzz deleted Jul 26th, 2013
SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

((Ponies can reply to this thread, as long as it's on-topic. It just got heavily derailed earlier.))

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Sweetie Belle, now back to herself now that she was in the rift, trotted back to the tapestry after having taken a break. They had untangled some of the major knots, and they'd started removing the color from some of the threads. But there was so much more to do.

She sighed, pulled out a sandwich, and after getting a bite to eat, headed back to work at Madam Fittings side.

--Sweetie Belle

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1365266(Thanks about the Ukaih comment. If it helps I'm revising everything about how I act and treat people. Including my characters)
Ah My old friend. As always you with tend. To what I can not. We shall see each other again. All in good time The relatively young Zebra laughed. Of course Zecora was not young at all.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

((
Madam Fittings is pretty much seeing him as a young god with growing pains that she essentially considers to be throwing a tantrum here. Not that flattering, but a lot more generous then a lot of other people are thinking.

And I'm glad you'll be adjusting his personality, though you may have a little trouble just getting the same character in the reboot because of bad associations...

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that if your main character acts like a jerk a lot of the time, people tend to associate it with you, even if your own personality is totally different.
))

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1369427((I know. Ukaihs going to be more reserved and enigmatic. I'm keeping his backstory but tweaking it. Such as he is raised by Zecora and Zoki Kamaka. And other twists. That actually is a very good description of Ukaih))

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

((
Sound like a plan. To be honest, I'd remove any references to being a deity, too. I think Cielia and Sebastian aren't going to be part-demon any more, after all. Being a prince and feeling like the weight of the world is on his shoulders is probably enough.

I personally wouldn't make him the best at everything, either. Give him clearly defined weaknesses and strengths, like that he pushes himself so hard at scholastics that he doesn't have time for art, that type of thing.
))

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1370251(He is still The God of Death. But he doesn't use his powers because of God Law. Also he will have some very big weaknesses. He isn't the best at every thing he's just well rounded. But he excels at magic. Also he won't use his over whelming godly powers because he can't. His back story makes him not able to use any godly powers. For if he does in his mortal form. It will destroy that form. He has two forms. Ukaih Insights vanilla form. Sedah his godly deity. Both are seperate but together. Main thing is Ukaih can't be OP. Sedah can be but won't. It also helps that Ukaih is going to be more diplomatic.)

F4D3
Group Admin

((Please, just humor me, but why on earth would a god need to go to college?))

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1370322( His grandmother said so.:twilightsmile:)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 93