Discolight 402 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
Karshiva
Group Admin

Hey everypony! I was thinking about doing a Discolight rp! All are welcome! You can ask to be any character in the show as long as you ask me first. You can also add your own characters into the mix if you like. Just follow the template.

Name:
Cutie Mark:
Species:
Short history of you:
Other(or anything you would like to add)

Hope to hear from you guys soon! :twilightsmile: buh bye for now!:raritywink:

Karshiva
Group Admin

1392459 Rp basically means role-play and role-play means that you pretend to be that particular person. For example, let's say I'm role-playing as Discord, that means I will act like Discord and probably have to think of what he might have to say in a situation.

Did it help you understand?

Karshiva
Group Admin

If that didn't help, I can give you another example if you like

Karshiva
Group Admin

1392474 Ok, here's an example.

Discord: Oh Twilight Sparkle, you are simply just sooo fascinating!
Twilight: Well I prefer not to be fascinating to someone like you!-huffs-
Discord:-clutches at his chest in mock-hurt- You wound me Twilight! How could you say such a thing?!

Get the picture?

Karshiva
Group Admin

1392481 I guess that's good enough. So you up for it? You can just watch how others do it then you can pop in when you feel you understand it better and wanna give it a shot.

1392485 I'll watch others first

Karshiva
Group Admin

1392487 Ok then. But we can't really start with so few people, I would appreciate if you could spread the word a little. I'll do the same as best as I can. We need a few people, be it if they want to be from the MLP cast or their own OC.

Karshiva
Group Admin

So basicly I can ask for a pony i want to be or fill the template with my oc´s infos..
Should I post it here then? I´m interested but not very experienced in this kind of stuff :D
And how would it work out, I mean if there too many characters how it will be Discolight?
And won´t everyone argue in the beginning who´s discord and who´s Twilight?
Won´t it become too confusing? But I like it anyway :D

Hm this is a idea of interest, however I will not claim to have any idea how it would work. I would suggest all interested should meet in some way, and talk such a thing over in real time. Like in a chat or something idfk.

Plus I would like to know our own OC's fit in if we make the effort to make em.

I am interested, though like others said, I'm not sure how it would work. It seems like a chat would be the best way to go about it, but I'm not quite sure how it would work. And like KittyGoesInsane said, lots of people I'm sure have their heart set on being Twilight or Discord. If we can solve those issues, I'm all for it! :twilightsmile:

Karshiva
Group Admin

1392722 Yes, pretty much. You can post the info here and after that we'll form a chat room for it. Most likely. And the characters doesn't have to be that many, you could be related(in some way) to the characters. Or you could be a character that you think is significant to the rp. As for who's Discord and for who's Twilight....lorettafox already asked if she could be Twilight. I told her it was open.

Discord, well, whoever would like to be him can just ask me and I'll give the approval.

SirTreeofarbor as I said with kitty you could be related to the main characters or your oc could have some impact on the main couple. It doesn't have to be entirely Discolight but the main focus is on it. Who knows? You could be, maybe, Discord's sister perhaps? Or something.

Kasena I already told lorettafox that Twilight's available since she wants to rp as her. As for Discord, as I said with Kitty, anyone could step up to be him if that is what they wish although they have to ask permission from me first

I didn't realize we hadn't found a Discord yet! We can't have a DiscoLight RP without a Discord, then it would only be a "Light" RP!

Discord: *turns Twilight into a lightbulb* What, she said it was a "light" RP.
Twilight: Discord, change me back this instant!

I just wanted to make a lame joke. I know, I'm not so good with them. :twilightblush:

Karshiva
Group Admin

1399306 haha, it's a nice joke though and WE NEED A DISCORD! No Discord, means no Discolight :(

I join the crowd of not seeing how this would work. I've been to a couple of chat group RPs before but they were of a broader subject rather than about one pairing and the other characters kinda... hanging there or something? In the RPs I were in people just joined it and then paired up with others when they found someone their character clicked with. Is that the point here too? That there's one pre-determined pairing (Discolight) and then the others work theirs out on their own? Or are the others just supportive characters for the main pairing (and just watching the show when their characters aren't needed)?

Also, to clarify, I'm not interested in joining this. I don't see it working and group RPs in chat format have their issues of no-one being online at the same time. Among other things.

Though just to put this out here, I am a Discord RPer and I would certainly love someone to play Twilight for me in Skype or AIM. ...actually, I would be willing to try it the other way around too, as in someone playing Discord for my Twilight. So if someone sees this and is interested, PM me.

Karshiva
Group Admin

After looking at some of your posts, I'm gonna change this a little. As the admin of this group I'll try to make this work. This time I'll limit the characters to Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie,Rainbow Dash,Fluttershy, Rarity,Twilight, Discord and maybe Shining Armor.

The rp is focused mainly on Twilight and Discord, the other characters listed above will be responding to the growing friendship(later, growing love) of Twilight and Discord. So they may have to adjust or.....I'm gonna let you guys decide.

This could start slightly after any incident like 'Keep Calm and Flutter on' or 'Magical Mystery Cure' or any incident you want this to happen after.

So in summary, this rp will focus on the main pairing and the adjustment to the change by the other listed characters.

If this isn't still possible then please tell me and I'll think of another solution or you can suggest something to me and I'll take a look

Sadly I got my hands full as is with RP partners and even though I do RP Discord, I just don't think I could spare the time. Which sucks.

But hey I'm here to watch, whenever this gets started or aka going.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22