The Cadanceverse 268 members · 12 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Let's discuss some random things here. If G&C2 wants to, that is.:fluttershyouch:

What should we discuss?

1303435 Believe it or not, I was actaully racking my brain on what to start the discussion, mostly because some things that I would like to discuss might not be of any interest to you, such as Skyrim, some other non-C!verse fics or Doctor Who. We could also discuss the show itself. It's only the starting point that I have difficulty of doing.

Anyone else ever see the classic Who serial 'The Time Warrior'?

Yes, its DVD is sitting about a foot from my head at the moment.

Quite a good action romp overall, Sarah Jane's first appearance and the first Sontaron and Irongrom / Bloodaxe double act is great 'Your's truly is a towering intellect Master'.

The Target novelisation was one of the first I ever read if as a very cool space battle at the beginning which I was sad to find out did not appear on screen, it was thought about but it would have cost more then the rest of the budget combined so it was scrapped.

It's one of the best damned companion introductions... ever, methinks. Sarah Jane saves the Doc's life about... three, four times or so? And I'm sorry, Rory, but I think Sarah Jane adjusted a bit better than you overall. She didn't read up on anything before her first trip in the Tardis. ;)

I thought this was the Cadanceverse Discussion Thread, not the Random Topic Discussion Thread.

Guess I have to change the title now, do I?

Edit: fixed.

Who here plays Monster Hunter?

On a slightly Cadenceverse linked theme, is each string on a Lyre made of the same material?

What I mean is what is the difference between the strings which produce different notes, is it length, tightness or what the string is made of? How does an A note string differ from a B note string (There's possible a G string joke coming up here),

Basically if Lyra breaks a string does she have to get a specific type of string or would she just get a generic Lyre string and cut it to length / tightness.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

1585356I think they're all the same, just changed in size. But I could be wrong. I play piano myself, and the strings are different there.

Then again, it's a magical world. There's probably nothing wrong with just assuming they are all the same.

1601246 Maybe Lyra is making some musical effects to her lyre.

Okay, so I have a design for Medley's counterpart all set up. The problem is, I'm not sure if its up to par, yet.

What do you guys think? Is the mane too similar to Rarity? I was considering making her base color Gold, but I was afraid that their would be too many characters in the group that were close to yellow.

Then again, there is a lot of Blue in the Musical Six...

Yes we do seem to have a lot of blue, it does make describing the whole group difficult, if you say the blue mare you can mean half the group.

How about somepony spotted or banded so you have multiple colours to work with? As for the hair well it depends on personality I don't think that mane styles natural so someone had to spend a lot of effort in it so if the character is the type to do that it would fit.

This pic seems somewhat relevant to this setting, or at least events of the pilot...

3141924 That's one of the good ways to imagine Nightmare Moon and Burning Sun fighting each other.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

3143853 : Totally.

I've been thinking of doing a short 'webisode' kind of story detailing the adventures of Celestia and Luna as they go around Equestria after the events of TMoP. Could be neat to have a flashback to that, and then cut to them agreeing that it's a really good thing they aren't that way anymore. And then hugging.

3143905 While still in filly shape?:pinkiesmile:

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19