Sunset Shimmer 4,926 members · 6,754 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Some poor soul went through all of the Equestria Girls series and catalogued every direct reference to her name (plus nicknames like "SunShim" and "Biggest Meanie" or direct descriptors like "our friend"). And while I knew that it wasn't until Friendship Games that the characters started referring to Sunset by her first name alone, it's still hilarious to see the sudden shift here after two movies of nothing but "Sunset Shimmer". Enjoy!

They started to treat her nicer after the sirens but their sisters put a stop to that fast enough. The whole friendship games was okay but I think it was a little rushed because twilight never learned the reason science has rules is nobody gets hurt and she was breaking those rules and she should have told someone about her problems with cinch so someone could help her before she almost killed someone in her recklessness.

As with all videos like this, after a while you forget that words "Sunset Shimmer" actually have a meaning or a part of English language

I wonder if the use of her full name was a marketing demand.

Possibly, makes it easy for kids to remember which toy they want. That said, it could also just be due to the change in writers (Friendship Games was the first movie in the series not to be written by Meghan McCarthy).

I didn’t even realize that Sunset was on a full-name basis for two movies until TV Tropes pointed it out.

BaconHairGirl has three other great compilations: two minutes of Sunset’s anger issues, every time she uses her mind-reading magic, and the evolution of dealing with her own past.

Whoever the YouTuber is, they’re amazing and I’m glad they exist.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6