Sunset Shimmer 4,926 members · 6,754 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

When life gives you lemons, I guess.

I have so many questions now-

when i first heard the word Banksy, it was actually context clues in relation to the Sunset persona of Flanksy that made me think, "so that's what inspired it."
Banksy is an anonymous street artist.
Flanksy is.... well, we know it to be Sunset doing the exact same thing but still.
i would think it obvious the two are at least connected.

I would think it obvious the two are at least connected.

I never heard the name Banksy till today, so it may escape some people.

neither had i until literally a week or two ago.
and i immediately put 2 and 2 together and thought, in addition to my previous comment, "I might wanna look them up later. Might be nice."
and in a way that only a mind plagued by the verge of madness, like mine, can appreciate, it was.

Banksy is a genius but also a contrarian spirit of chaos - though I think Sunset would get a kick out of their work just as much as if she ever met Discord.

My favourite: selling one of their paintings for over a million pounds, only for a hidden shredder in the picture frame to activate (complete with siren and flashing lights) right there in the auction room as soon as the sale went through...

First heard of Banksy when i was on holiday to Bristol took a tour bus that showed some of his local work

Huh. Yes, as a Brit I guess it hadn't occurred to me that anyone might not have heard of Banksy and recognise the obvious inspiration... but yes, come to think of it I guess it is a bit of an unusual regional reference.

I guess G4 has always been happy to make a giant amount of references, on the understanding that not everyone will get them all and that's OK.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8