Sunset Shimmer 4,927 members · 6,763 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Someone in a previous thread talked about the similarities between Princess Luna and Sunset Shimmer. Both started off good but were corrupted by jealousy and turned into monsters. Both got blasted by the Orbital Friendship Cannon, And both reformed themselves after being purified.

After seeing Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep and Luna overcoming her guilt complex, I wondered if Sunset Shimmer endured something similar after the events of Equestria Girls 1. I mean, three and a half years of bullying, resentment, and shame don't just go away overnight. And even in Rainbow Rocks, we see her constantly trying to help out in an attempt to atone for what she's done, and reacting in shame whenever her past is brought up.

So where can we take that? Some would argue that she's already reformed herself at the end of Rainbow Rocks and doesn't need to feel bad anymore; but as we saw with Luna, everypony else had forgiven her except herself, so it stands to reason that Sunset might feel the same way. Now since she doesn't have dream powers, her conflict would probably manifest itself internally. Perhaps they can take a page from Avatar and Legend of Korra by having her fall into an "angst coma" where only her own resolution will heal her. Or maybe like Bloom and Gloom, she relives the same nightmare of attacking the Fall Formal again and again until she faces her fear.

What do you guys think?

4594703 I honestly think that the events of "Rainbow Rocks" were as much her coming to forgive herself and let go of her past as they were her redemption. "My Past is Not Today" just seals the deal.

She'll probably always feel a little guilt for what she's done, but she's not going to be ruled by it.

Why does this keep coming up.

I honestly think that the events of "Rainbow Rocks" were as much her coming to forgive herself and let go of her past as they were her redemption. "My Past is Not Today" just seals the deal.

Exactly.
The story of her coming to grips with her past is told and she's moved on. Sunset Shimmer isn't Luna.

Albi
Group Contributor

unlocked

I think that this will be MY answer:

4714758 And as I am not familiar with that series AT ALL, I have no idea what you mean by that.

I just posted it for the lyrics:ajbemused:
She will constantly be haunted by her past sins, any sane person would at least have PTSD after turning into a raging she-demon. this supposed to be my thought on her psyche after that traumatic experience:coolphoto:
this game in the series revolves around nightmares of the past

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8