The Sunfall Universe 82 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

It's no secret that Airstream has a habit of creating characters that we all get attached too, only to have them killed off at some point.
Apparently I'm not the only one who's aware of this because, after glancing through some of the comments in Stormsinger, I couldn't help but notice that some of you have already started to place your bets on who's gonna get the axe by the time the story ends.
Well I say if you're gonna start making guesses this early in the story about who's going to die, then why not have some fun with it?

And so, I'd like to make a proposal for a weird little game I'd like to call "Guess who Airstream's gonna kill off next!"

-
The rules are simple: Guess which characters are gonna die (and stay dead) by the time the story ends.

Everyone starts off with 0 points.
Each major character in the story is worth 500.
Secondary characters are worth 250.
Minor Characters are worth 100.

Once the story ends, you lose points for every incorrect guess based on what category the person would've fit into.
Ex: I predict that Serale dies, but if she doesn't then I lose 500.
And you gain points for every correct guess that you make.
And if you can successfully guess the next character in the story to die, then you get 2x the points for that guess.
Ex: If I correctly guess that Celestia is the next to die, then that's 1000 pts. for me instead of 500.
However, you need to clearly state that you believe that character X is up next at the chopping block.
Fail to do this and you won't get any bonus points even if your guess was correct.

The person with the most points at the end will be the winner.

The only way that a vote for a particular character will be counted is if you placed your vote before Airstream released the chapter where character X dies.

Lastly, if you make 10 or more incorrect guesses, then you get disqualified regardless of how many points you earned.
(Some rules may change in the future)

If this still isn't enough motivation for you, Airstream will be offering $50 as a prize to the winner.
-
So those are the rules.
If you wanna play then start leaving your guesses in the comment box.
You can join in whenever you want.
Of course, it's cool if you aren't interested.
That just makes it easier on me to get the prize *evil laughter*
Good luck everyone.

Also, I'll be jotting down your votes as the game progresses.
If it comes to my attention that someone edited a previous guess and it looks like they did it as a way to win more points, then I'll have to assume that they cheated unless they message me with a believable explanation.
Should I decide that you cheated at some point then none of your points will count, so message me if you change one of your guesses.

PM me if you have any questions and be sure to check this blog for possible updates to the rules.

*Updates*

As suggested by fimfiction user "Unimportant": If you're able to guess HOW a character will die then you will earn double the points.
So in addition to guessing who's next in line to meet the reaper, it's possible to earn 4x the points for the same guess.

If you go for bonus points and get it wrong, then you'll only end up losing points equal to what category the character would have fit into.
Ex: I bet that Homey the clown dies in an explosion. If this doesn't happen, then instead of losing 200 points, I'll only lose 100.
----------

*Participants*

Dainn: 0 pts

Serifina: 0 pts

Unimportant: 0 pts

Alen: 0 pts

Airstream
Group Admin

I will, in fact, have a prize for our winner. 50 dollars can go a long way on Amazon.

Well, that settles it for me.
$50 is a big help when paying for college text books.

Comment posted by Dainn deleted Jan 28th, 2014

So people are actually gonna bet on characters dieing? So instead of raging, we cheer when someone dies? I'm not sure whether to be disgusted or relieved.

There are those who lose their shit when the characters they root for die in a story.
(I'm guilty of it myself)
My goal is to shed a more ... positive light on the situation.
There's nothing that says that the death of a character had to be a complete loss.

First three guesses: Cob, Libra, and the blind pony who sent the assassins.

Airstream
Group Admin

And I mostly think this is all hilarious, and am willing to pay to see others bet on the deaths of innocents.

Because you're the writer.

Heck, I'll bite.

Cob's definitely doomed. I'll go Serale, too.

Can I bet on someone actually still being alive?

My current guesses are Puzzle, Turquoise then Libra.

Add a bonus for guessing the means of death!

Libra accidently by Cob and Serale at the end of Storie. And Ivy (I think she still alive after her fall in the river). Oh and Twi for good together with the Shadow.

As suggested by fimfiction user "Unimportant": If you're able to guess HOW a character will die then you will earn double the points.
So in addition to guessing who's next in line to meet the reaper, it's now possible to earn 4x the points for the same guess.

And to answer Serifina's question ... sorry but no.
There's a reason why it's called "Guess who Airstream's gonna kill off next!".
My advice, if you think that someone will still be alive then don't vote for them.

Interesting... ok let´s get creative... :ajbemused:
1. Like I said Cob will accidently kill Libra in training.
2. Lady Everstar killed by Ivy after the Shadow corupted Ivy.
3. Ivy killed by Serale because of 2.
4. Lady Hedera and her son, execution for collab with the Shadow leading to 2.
5. Cob by rescuing Serale in battle between Lady Everstar and the Shadow when she tries to help.
6. Lady Everstar destroy herself (no reborn this time) to kill the Shadow.

Just kidding we go from kill to kill right? So I say 1. :twilightsheepish:

He's gonna kill Vino.
Calling it now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14