The Sunfall Universe 82 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 122 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 122
Airstream
Group Admin

Now I'm thinking. What music could you see the rest of the Mane 6 being into if they were here, in our world.

I can totally see Pinkie with a saxophone.

I really don't know. Maybe you'd think Rainbow is into metal, but it's really Fluttershy who's the metalhead. Applejack might enjoy country but she might like grunge for all I know.

By the way, I reallllllly like that Derpy=Daring Do thing. So totally gonna start spreading that around.

Airstream
Group Admin

Rainbow'd totally be into Elvis and Chuck Berry. Fluttershy would love really big orchestras, I think. Applejack could get into grunge metal.

Pinkie would definitely like big band music. It's party music that you can dance to. Similarly, I can see Rarity being into either Bon Jovi or someone like Daft Punk or Avicii.

It's at this point where I am forced to admit I am musically illiterate.

I can barely identify genre let alone the various niches each of them contains.

Name most bands, singers or groups and I will look at you blankly.

Airstream
Group Admin

I could give you a brief intro into some different genres. Anything that seems particularly interesting to you? I can find you some good shit more often than not.

You really don't need to go to any trouble.

But if you are offering, know any good Jazz?

Airstream
Group Admin

Do I know any good jazz?

Do I know any GOOD JAZZ?

Poor bastard. You just opened Pandora's Box. Wait here.

I always found the legends of the time before the box being opened a little boring anyway.

Airstream
Group Admin

Right. If you listen to nothing else, listen to this one. It's Mingus and his most famous work. And it has baritone sax that makes nasty, nasty love to your ears. So sit back and listen to that shit.

What's that? You want trumpet? Sure. I'll give you trumpet, motherfucker. This is Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band. This is their remake of a classic jazz standard by Benny Goodman called "Sing Sing Sing".

Bass? You want me to give you bass guitar? Well, shit my pants and call me Sherman, how about I lay some Vic Wooten on your sorry ass? Listen to him. He does that shit without a pick.

What's that? You want something crazy? Something you ain't seen before? How about a man playing two saxophones at once? how about Jeff Coffin? If you think your feeble little mind can take it, that is. Here he is with one.

Ready? Are you ready for two? No? Well, bite the pillow, because he's going in dry. And yes, that's Vic Wooten. So prepare your body, motherfucker. And yes, the other guy's playing an electric banjo. Deal with it.

One last thing, if you're still fucking conscious. One last thing. Fucking Weather Report. Bringing jazz into a new age. See if you can dig it. But I doubt it.

Airstream
Group Admin

Daring Do is totally real in their world. Just like at the turn of the century, her exploits get turned into "penny dreadfulls".

I...

I was not ready.

Airstream
Group Admin

I just popped your jazz cherry, baby. And you never forget your first time.

Well, I've listen my way through about half.

Thank you very, very, much.

Airstream
Group Admin

You need anything else, from jazz to any other music, let me know. I've got it all from the eleventh century to the good stuff from this year.

About to start writing

Airstream
Group Admin

Oh? About what?

One of the writers on here who I'm a small fan of wrote a story based on his own little version of the episode: Magic Duel.
Just as he was about to finish the final 2 chapters, he lost all motivation to finish and put the story on an indefinite Hiatus.
Then he came to me one day and asked me if I'd be interested in rewording, adding more detail, stronger descriptions, and finishing the entire story.

In return, he gives me a lot of the credit when the story gets re-done.

Airstream
Group Admin

Nice! That's pretty cool. I'm actually just about to head to bed so I can get some rest for my shift this evening.

Nighty night.
L8ter man.

Airstream
Group Admin
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 122