The Sunfall Universe 82 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 122 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 122
Airstream
Group Admin

What are you all up to? I'm proofreading and reflecting on the fragile nature of empire after a rather disappointing series of campaigns in Civ V. Come, speak to me! I am most desirous of company while I work.

Let me tell you the story of my life in the last month.

Airstream
Group Admin

Ah! What book?
Please, enlighten me.

Fanfics. Finished Five Hundred Little Murders earlier. Just started on Triptych.

Airstream
Group Admin

Interesting. I'm in the middle of a series about what would happen if an energy field hit the continental US and vaporized every primate in that area back in 2003. A week before the Second Iraq War, actually.

Predictably, shit hits the fan and goes every which way.

August 7
I lost my job.

August 8
I wake up at 2 A.M. because the new sink in the brand new kitchen has burst after being installed less than 12 hours previously. It flooded the basement and destroyed all the sheetrock in the floor/ceiling.

August 9
We go ahead with our camping trip in the Green River Lakes. Forest fires abound.

August 14
My brother has wrecked his car. They're holding him in the behavioral ward because they found a noose under the drivers seat. If not for the wreck, he would be dead.

August 22
Finally finished moving into my apartment in SLC. Find a bag of pot with a lighter and other drug paraphernalia. My roommates who have been here longer decide to take the night out when confronted. Call police and get it taken away.

August 23
Fucking come and get me. You bitch.

Airstream
Group Admin

Israel nukes everything in the Middle East after they get uppity, France falls into a civil war, Britain's under martial law, and that's about halfway through the book. Most of America's military is overseas, so they still have a substantial nuclear presence. They actually use it to intimidate China early on and Venezuela later. But the economy gets shafted. Right in the pooper.

Airstream
Group Admin

Seize the day. By the throat. Shake vigorously.

Airstream
Group Admin

Only places left were Alaska, Hawaii, and a bit of Washington State. Things are terribad. I felt the book to be an accurate assessment of what would happen if the US were to just disappear.

I work this weekend. I'm bringing the laptop, which is preloaded with the original Terminator. And all of Pony.

Maybe you should rewrite some notes, eh? :trollestia:

Airstream
Group Admin

Well yes, that will happen. Obviously. I'm going to be there for twelve hours per night, I may as well be productive.

What are you doing twelve hours a night?

Airstream
Group Admin

Mostly that.

Oh my god. You're Sweetie Belle at night?

By the way, I just received a very interesting bit of headcanon. The reason why Fluttershy grows her mane out so long is because she doesn't want anyone to notice her taking a nap during conversations. She works with a lot of animals and some of them may be nocturnal. She has to work off that sleep deprivation sometime.

Airstream
Group Admin

No. I'm this guy at night!

Airstream
Group Admin

It also provides a convenient place to store newborn animals who would otherwise freeze without their mothers until she can get them to a warm place.

That's a pretty odd beard you got there.

Airstream
Group Admin

Ha! Fool. Play Europa Universalis or Victoria and then talk to me about Empire.

The Holy Roman Empire shall be reborn with me at the helm! And my German armies will march across Europe in the name of the First Reich!

Is this what the USAF does during DEFCON 5? How do I sign up?

Airstream
Group Admin

Oh, those wacky Germans.

I crush them first. Bismarck, you asshole.

I got an even better idea. Fluttershy has narcolepsy and she doesn't want to anyone to know. Someone should run with that and make a fic.

Airstream
Group Admin

DEFCON 5 is the least sever level of threat. 1 is the worst. That means nukes are literally flying.

As for the rest of it, that's just a hobby of mine. Doctor Steel is an inspiration to me, and I do hatch the occasional evil scheme every now and then. It's quite therapeutic.

Of all of them I hate Montezuma the most.

He's a massive prick early game.

And Gandhi. Because screw Gandhi.

Airstream
Group Admin

Which would explain why she's a terrible flyer.

Dash doesn't like anyone touching her hooves because she spends so much time in the air. They're sensitive. She's okay walking on ground because she can place them correctly, but anypony else handles them too roughly.

Airstream
Group Admin

Fuck Ghandi with a giant metal cock that spews lava and hatred. Montezuma is a prick, but at least he's an incompetent prick.

I take it you've had some unpleasant experiences with Gandhi.

Do you play many other video games?

Makes sense, seeing how Rainbow is pretty insecure about a lot of things.

The name Nightmare Moon was coined when ponies learned that Princess Luna was always present during their nightmares.

Airstream
Group Admin

Dragons grow larger the less they eat. The more they hoard, the bigger they grow, but if they consume what they've gathered or lose any of it, they shrink in size and power. And the bigger they grow, the less they need to eat.

No, that's usually what Ghandi is doing.

He sure does love those nukes...

Airstream
Group Admin

Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, SimCity, and Sins Of a Solar Empire. I occasionally play some shooters like Halo and Battlefield, but I much prefer the directing of troops. And I'm good at it.

The crystal ponies are in fact a slave race controlled by whoever owns the crystal heart.

Sombra was a normal unicorn who ended into the crystal empire and figured out how to work it.

The reason it affects the rest of Equestria is because of mental magic.

Airstream
Group Admin

Which is why I never give him the chance to get them. If he does, we're all fucked. I've literally turned over cities to the French to win their help in destroying that psychopath.

Airstream
Group Admin

Have you noticed how much serious mental magic exists in Equestria? Because I have. And it makes my spells look like funny little party tricks.

Ever played any Total War games?

Why does Twilight know the Want It Need It spell anyway?

Airstream
Group Admin

Ah, yes! Rome was my favorite. A shining Empire spanning farther than those pathetic emperors ever managed to get it.

I loved watching my disciplined Roman troops march across Gaul slaughtering the less organised barbarians.

Or playing as the Greeks and watching as the enemy throws man after man into your phalanxes.

And when the time came marching right into Rome itself, crushing the fools who oppose you.

EDIT: You know, reading that makes me sound very bloodthirsty.

Scootaloo isn't an orphan. She's a runaway.

Airstream
Group Admin

It would be this kind of shit. Cadance, who can make ponies fall in love. The spells Twilight had to forcibly convert Discord before he decided to get his shit together. The Want It Need It. Hell, Sunset Shimmer managed to control the minds of an entire school just with Twilight's crown. Consider what it can do with five other Elements backing it up.

This is what inspired my story. Equestria is a scary place when you really stop and think about it. Assigned jobs for each species, further specialized by marks in plain view. No criminals. Where do they go? Benevolent monarch who could kill you all just by keeping the sun up.

It's not a nice place. Regardless of what you might think. Conversion Bureaus and ponyfication? No fucking thank you. I'll die on Earth with my fingers, thanks.

Airstream
Group Admin

Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Cheerilee are all distantly related, so far back that their families don't get together anymore.

But but but waifu! :fluttercry:

Airstream
Group Admin

I made better use of cavalry. I like my forces to have speed. I'd crush armies with cavalry tactics, and use infantry to bring down the actual cities.

The reason why Derpy is derpy and speaks in a really loud manner is because she has a hearing disability, meaning her inner ears are messed up.

Airstream
Group Admin

Sure, if you don't mind having your personality scooped out by magical lobotomy and replaced with "good", "wholesome" thoughts. Go right ahead, buddy.

They be scary creatures them ponies.

Those cuite marks do smack a little too much of destiny over free will don't they?

I've read some of those fics, and I'm with you on that one.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 122