FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

EDIT: I don’t think I’m going to be updating these any further. Too many things on my plate, and there’s other people doing much nicer, more thorough work than I can keep up with. Check out some of the other threads for additional options!

Two light styles that can be applied together or separately without issue. One restores the classic green navbar as it was the day before the update, and the other restores the classic genre tag colors.

https://userstyles.org/styles/143555/fimfiction-classic-genre-colors (CSS courtesy Exuno)
https://userstyles.org/styles/143536/fimfiction-green-menubar

If there’s enough interest and people are willing to provide suggestions, I can roll these and others into a full “FimFic Retro” package.

Suggestions on the green menubar: fix the mouse-over color (I’m pretty sure it wasn’t blue before) and add this (copied from the other navbar style) to it, so the text goes back to not all-caps.

.user_toolbar .button, .user_toolbar > ul > li > a, .big_button { text-transform: none!important; }

Edit: Also, maybe assign appropriate colors for the character tags, now that they’re alongside the genre tags, so they’re not all the same blech green. (Also also, the genre tags still have the blue color on mouse-over.)

If it helps, I found the CSS file for the pre-update Fimfiction. You could probably pull some stuff from it for a userscript, but personally, I just stuffed the entire thing into a script and loaded it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170604224508cs_/https://static.fimfiction.net/css/style.css?iRFHveni

Thank you so much for these Genre Tag Fixes. The new uniform color ones have been driving me nuts all day! Thank you!!!! :pinkiehappy:

Thanks! I’ve updated the menubar style with correct hover behavior and capitalization. Genre tags have also been hover-fixed (although there’s probably a nicer way to do it...)

There’s SO MUCH to filter through there... Maybe I’ll do that at some point but for the moment I the element inspector is working fine.

Yup. Loading the entire file brings a bit of lag, but at least it’s usable to a point.

Looks like Swan Song is on the job, and so far doing a much nicer job of it! Check his thread, it’ll definitely turn out much better than my sloppy attempts.

Alrighty. Don’t mind me while I browse through the Fimfiction 2.0 and 3.0 CSS

aw, I would have appreciated a little credit in thread, y’know. :ajbemused:

Anyway, no real worries because I’m here to steal the show with character image tags!! :pinkiegasp:

Previews, courtesy of the most recently posted story:

I’m too lazy to, uh, actually insert all of them into the CSS, but the basic structure is here and working, I think:

.tag-character {
    background-size:16px 16px !important;
    width: 16px;
	height: 16px;
    display: inline-block !important;
    vertical-align: middle;
	text-indent: 100%;
    overflow: hidden;
    white-space:nowrap;
    padding: 8px !important;
    border: 1px solid #ddd;
    border-radius: 30%;
}

.tag-character[data-tag] {
    background-size: 32px 32px !important;
    height: 34px;
	width: 34px;
    max-height: 34px;
	max-width: 34px;
}

.tag-character[title="Other"] {
    background: url('//static.fimfiction.net/images/characters/other.png') no-repeat;
}

.tag-character[title="Princess Luna"] {
    background: url('//static.fimfiction.net/images/characters/princess_luna.png') no-repeat;
}

.tag-character[title="Anon"] {
    background: url('//static.fimfiction.net/images/characters/anon.png') no-repeat;
}

.tag-character[title="Fluttershy"] {
    background: url('//static.fimfiction.net/images/characters/fluttershy.png') no-repeat;
}

.tag-character[title="Princess Celestia"] {
    background: url('//static.fimfiction.net/images/characters/celestia.png') no-repeat;
}

.tag-character[title="Original Character"] {
    background: url('//static.fimfiction.net/images/characters/oc.png') no-repeat;
}

Works for both the cards/list view text, and the ones aligned with the genre tags on full view. I should check chapter pages, though, I guess... oh, those are broken. I’ll see if I can figure it out in a bit. Looks like the genre tag colorizer doesn’t catch those, either, but even in the old UI they were always green, so maybe no one cares?

Also, you might want to find off-site images for these characters things if you use them. Xaq vaguely consented to using these ones, but they’ll probably get depreciated at some point, and I’m sure we won’t be getting ones for any new tags that get added. Anyway, just add in the title selectors and image urls for everypony else and you should be good.

Sorry, I had put your name in the description on userstyles.org. I apparently forgot to do it here.

Anyway, I don’t know if i’ll be continuing on these. Swan is on the ball hardcore, and is probably doing a much more thorough job of it.

Ohhh, okay, so I was on the right track!

I was going off of the coding for the genre tags to reconfigure the character tags myself, so I’m glad you were also working on a solution! It looks a lot better than mine lol. The only foreseeable issue is that there are so many characters, so doing all of them may be a chore, but it does look a ton nicer!

I kept messing with it a little more after I posted that: This pastebin has everything I had live in my browser, and I think it works a little better. Gets rid of the dots, and doesn’t break the tags in chapters. You can obviously ignore everything in the commented out block in the bottom; there’s a whole bunch of unrelated tweaks in there too.

As for getting the images themselves, I’d recommend pulling the classy wikipedia.sexy ones from here, not in the least because finding all the file names for the images is a massive pain.

Good luck! (Also if you actually finish, send it back, would you?)

knighty
Site Owner

You should use the data-tag for matching rather than the title. It’s what I put it there for.

That didn’t work for... some reason, I remember that specifically, I tried it first. List View and the Feature box were missing them, from a quick glance. Add those in and it would be much better, yeah.

Okay, so!

What I did was paste in the coding from the style you linked me to for the wikipedia.sexy images into GDocs, remove the unnecessary coding underneath the ones for the images themselves, and do find and replace to remove “content” and add in “no-repeat;”. Then I mishmashed it with the original coding for the genre tags and your coding for the container of the tag itself. The only issue is that group pictures are compressed (although I’m sure that can be remedied by changing the container size for those ones, I just didn’t realize it before I pasted it in). Bam.

I didn’t include some of the stuff from your coding in the pastebin because I didn’t mind the tags being all the same color above the chapter, since I don’t pay much attention to the tags up there, and interestingly, the character tags above the chapter are actually removed when the user style is applied (at least, this one that I’m sending)), and I just realized I could have sent back only the information for the character tags, but oh well.

Hm. I was pretty sure I fixed that issue with the in-chapter tags, but it might not be in the draft I saved. I’ll take a look over everything in about an hour and see if I can get a clean set of rules that just mess with the character tags. Thanks for the legwork!

Okie doke, sounds good; and you're welcome! :twilightsmile:

Okay, tested in Chrome and Firefox (well, Pale Moon, which is close enough): Image Character Tags (and nothing but Image Character Tags), clean and working across the whole site. As far as I know, anyway. Double-wide tags are working now, and nothing actually looks sketchy or hacked together. I’m pretty proud of it! fourths and alamais signed off on it, too, I might actually publish it on userstyles as a real thing. Thanks for your help, hope you enjoy it.

Based on what I had written and what I remember happening last night, 90% sure that the card-view tags were messing the data-tag attribute too. I guess you added it in when you forced them onto a new line? I’ll definitely go over this and update it to use data-tags if you add them to the other two story classes (even if that’s a massive pain of figuring out the names’ formatting differences...)

But can you bring back the old icons for Favorites. My Crazy Twi got replaced with a devil smiley! Not nearly creepy enough for my favorites!

Edit: Reload my favorites after posting this, Knighty fixed it. Of course he didn’t do it until after I complained, so clearly I helped.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19