The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau 5,462 members · 49,312 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

“When d’you think we’ll arrive?”

His answer was easy. “Tomorrow morning. I expect the airship will gain altitude as we get closer. Why’d you ask; can’t wait to be on firm ground once again?”

She only offered a laugh. “Yes. This air—or rather the lack of it—is getting to my nerves. And I want to put this mystery to rest as soon as possible, you know. I want to know where she is.”

His brow rose sardonically. “I do know, but I don’t. Don’t you want to enjoy our time together?”

“I enjoy your company,” she firmly assured. “I just… I don’t have a good feeling about this.”

“We’ll be okay.” His smile was plain and clear.

She was still unsure. “How do you know that?”

“Hope is a powerful thing,” he said, “if done right, it can force the tides of destiny to non-existent directions. It can make the weakest of fools mightier than even the most greatest kings.”

As Feather Dew noticed the distance between him, the ground, and more so the starry sky, for a moment it was as if hope itself told him that she could indeed be found, that she could indeed be freed once again…

TScarred Serpentine
When Feather Dew takes a magic psychedelic, he didn’t expect to meet with an enigmatic, masked mare. Who was she? How could he recognize her if they’ve never met before?
Metanoia · 116k words  ·  13  0 · 484 views
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1