IDW MLP Comics 280 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

5746675 I'm so FRIGGIN excited! It's a shame that FF series is ending, but Legends of Magic sounds SUPER interesting!

I'm definitely not happy to see Friends Forever go in favour of another adventure-based series. This leaves us with no obvious place for slice-of-life stories or oneshots, and those were often the things that IDW MLP did best. In fact, I've thought for a long time that FF is better than the main series precisely because it cycles through writers and artists and concepts so quickly. It's hit or miss as a series, but the crucial difference is that if FF gets a bad issue, it's only bad for one issue, and next month may be a million times better. Adventure arcs, in contrast, go on for a lot longer, and have more often been bad than good. Worldbuilding and history is fine I guess, so long as they don't screw it up, but I've not exactly been crying out for more adventure arcs. I'd rather have kept FF.

I mean, maybe it'll be good. I don't like being the pessimist all the time, and there's no reason why Legends can't be great. I just think that trading FF for this is a gamble with more to lose than there is to gain.

5746714 So do I. In fact, given the main series' current track record of quality, I would've thought it would make more sense to scrap the main series for Legends of Magic, especially since Friends Forever, like the Micro Series before it, is full of untapped potential.

5746714 I'm going to have to agree with this one. While I don't hate the main series of comics, as I do enjoy some of their storylines {the pirate one comes to mind} or at least aspects of them, I find myself enjoying the FF much more since they have a much more likable tone and deal with character matchups we either haven't seen before or not much of. I mean, I would actually like some of those FF to be made into episodes if given the choice. I can't say the same for the Main Series. I do have hope LoM will be good but I do believe replacing FF is a bit of a mistake. Hopefully, it'll have the same quality level.

It's too bad Friends Forever is ending. There are still so many duos that could be used. But Legends of Magic sounds interesting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6