The Coalition Against Adminless Groups 70 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Both of the admins in the Rainbow Dash group went inactive. What do?

arcum42
Group Admin

Well, they may be inactive on the group, but both are still active in fimfiction. In particular, I recognise one of them as having posted a dozen "SOPA" threads not that long ago. As such, think about whether you want to be an admin on the group and pm one of them asking them if you can held out and become one of the admins and letting them know what some of the things you'd like to do with it are. If that fails, pm the other one.

If there actually are admins that are contactable, you'll want to work with them as much as possible. There have been times where the admins haven't even been on fimfiction for half a year or more, and those are the times where it really takes intervention from one of the site admins. One of the two of the admins for this group was seen a day ago, though, (Rainbow Dash) so he'd probably be the one I'd contact first.

--arcum42

We've tried contacting them, but they've done nothing. That admin in particular was spamming a whole bunch of groups with SOPA threads.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

'Kay, I pm'ed Rainbow mentioning a few of the things that need to be done, and suggesting recruiting a new admin or two. Given that I've talked with Rainbow Dash before, I should get some sort of response.

--Sweetie Belle

Okay, thanks.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

No problem. Admittedly I may have given a lecture about posting a SOPA thread in the Scootaloo group the last time the two of us talked, but we'd talked before that, too. I wouldn't expect an answer immediately, of course. Rainbow was offline.

--Sweetie Belle

Yeah, I have tried contacting Van and have gotten no response, I will try Rainbow Dash next.

I think it would be better to take Van as dead. He's been online here and there and must have seen the comment that Azusa left on his page at the very least.

As far as Rainbow Dash's admin abilities...
I have my doubts... that's all I'll say.

I won't quit, we can do this.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

1655002>>1655632>>1655713

I got ahold of Rainbow Dash, and he promoted SolidFire to be one of the admins. He mentioned he was gonna give me admin rights as well...

--Sweetie Belle

Hey, awesome! Thanks!:pinkiehappy:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I no longer have admin rights or am in the group, but I think you'll be all right with two active admins over there...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12