Fluttercord 1,616 members · 1,222 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Personally, I saw little ambiguity in the portrayal. They definitely are. I think it’s really only hardcore anti-shippers who are going to hold onto that ambiguity. And that’s fine, but seriously, I think it’s a lot more likely to see them as a couple than for it to be a situation where they’re just platonic long-term live-together buddies.

Question For Josh Haber:
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?! WHAT MADE YOU THINK MAKING GROGAR DISCORD WAS A GOOD IDEA?!

Was it out of character though? It was the exact same premise in the holiday special. He caused an attack from a potentially dangerous creature so pony X could play hero. He "knew" that problem wouldn't win, because Pony X could handle it.

...And Discord was let out of stone because? At this point, I'd trust Chrysalis more.

Honestly, because fans wanted more Discord, I know at the time I did, but him as a villain ends in 2 ways: stone or running away. So we got reformation, which looking back on it was questionable because he pulls crap every other week and no one really calls him out on it (Like in Matter of Principle.) The fact he had no consequences this time after the crap he pulled was sickening to say the least, made more so by HIS decision to turn others to stone when it was HIM who let them out and made them into a threat to begin with.
IMO It helps to have, not one, but 2 power house ships behind you. Nothing can really happen to him because the fan outcry would be insane.

Well, we got our answer. In a recent Q&A, he said it’s up to fans interpretation, so there’s that. Unless they’ll do something in the comics.

As I see it there are only two possibilities-
1: they're together :heart:
2: Fluttershy is Discords livei-n parole officer, to make sure he doesn't pull crap like that villain team up, again :fluttershysad:
1/2b: possibility 2 lead to possibility 1 :moustache:

I mean, I like to think it’s because they’re together but honestly due to the large time jump we don’t know what went down between him and the Mane 6 over the years. Helping Starlight escape so the others could may have been the reason for them to believe he truly meant well but I like to think they didn’t completely trust him and had to earn it all over again over the years. By the time the epilogue rolled around he’s clearly on good terms with them as it seems he will join them occasionally but chose to go to a convention and miss this one. But that friendliness may have taken years to develop after his stunts in the finale and I kind of like that idea. So maybe that parole thing isn’t too far fetched if it had been something she started doing but their relationship developed and she settled permanently.

Comment posted by rosanecznik deleted Oct 24th, 2019
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10