Fluttercord 1,616 members · 1,222 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Before I’ll get to the point I gotta warn you that this topic pertains to the finale episodes of season 9. If you haven’t seen it, please skip this thread.

I gotta say that I have mixed feelings about Discord in the finale. I feel like his attitude is way different in this two episodes, than for example in ep. like: Discordant Harmony, The Break Up Break Down, or even The Big Mac Question. Instead on the 24-25 ep. his decisions are completely deliberative and his actions pretty cowardly. Of course, he had good intentions, but I just can’t understand how the same person who almost sacrificed his existence just to make his best friend feel comfortable, breaks this friend’s heart for a second time (considering Twilight’s Kingdom) two seasons later. That’s the main thing bothering after watching the finale.
Please be honest with our opinions, I really need to discuss is in every possible way, because I feel like I’m gonna go crazy ;-;

I've only managed to see parts of the Dutch version, but from what I can tell, and I'm trying to be optimistic here, Discord wanted to try and help Twilight and her friends somehow. If you notice in a few past episodes, like Three's a Crowd or even in The Best Gift Ever, Discord has a thing about tests and creating situations for others to grow. My guess is Discord wanted to create a controlled situation in which Twilight can learn what she needs to and become a great leader. Unfortunately that ended up horribly backfiring in the worst possible way.
And the part about Fluttershy, I'm sure in Discord's mind he was doing something beneficial, not necessarily good, and hoped Flutters would understand that.

Basically, Discord is going to have to do a lot of hard work if he's going to make up for what he did. ...If I can ask, what happens in the Big Mac Question with DIscord? Is there Fluttercord in it?

I mostly like the epilogue where there's a hint that maybe Discord and Flutters are living together.

Thanks so much for your point of view.
About The Big Mac Question episode:
Well, there’s no Fluttercord moment (except on the beginning of the rpisode Discord says something about Fluttershy, I don’t know what because I’m not a Dutch speaker either), but I was under the impression that Discord’s behavior is more “nice and helpful”. Just complete opposite from how he behaved in the finale, but maybe that’s just my own conclusions. Not really justifiable.

This has GOT to be a prank Hasbro's pulling. It's too poorly written and it's written by Mike Vogel, who's a decent writer. It doesn't make a lick of sense and utterly lacks narrative cohesion.

I know right.
I feel incredibly disappointed. So much potential to put a very specific and powerful new villain to end the series, all destroyed just to make a stupid plot twist. I just don’t buy it.

But don’t forget about 25 episode when main characters finally escape from tirek and others
And Discord screamed “Take good care of Fluttershy!”
(Episodes finally got an English sub)

If Discord actually let a dangerous criminal and a very bad filly who needs to sit in the corner and think about what she did out of Tartarus, he should be in SERIOUS trouble-not to mention resurrecting Sombra.

Absolutely. That’s just so frustrating. So what are we supposed to think? That the writers just made a “prank” finale or that they didn’t really considered this whole Discord/Grogar thing?

Misdirection? No one will go looking for leaks if they think they already have them.

I didn’t know about it since I watched Dutch version without subtitles. But now it’s really satisfying to know it.

Daring theory, but you have a point in here. This really is worthy of considerations l.

Eh, i think it was a clash of ideas. Josh Haber and Nicole Dubuc see Discord as very neutral selfish creature, while Mike Vogel and Nick Confalone see him as more compassionate for ponies and especially Fluttershy. The Finale focused on battles and trying to reunite every character together, it didn't paid much attention to Discord as a character who has a personal stake in it. If he did, he would make everything to make sure that Fluttershy is safe. Which mean he would never endanger Canterlot with villains. I guess he just got cocky with Sombras defeat and thought he would never let villains take over.

Maybe, but that just shows how the writers didn’t really considered all aspects, which is horribly annoying, because this is the end of the show. They made those mistakes earlier, but knowing that they have to finish series which were so popular and brought them a lot of earnings, they REALLY could do better.
Also, thought-provoking is fact that they released the trailer a few months before planned finale premiere.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Fluttercord be canon

Awesome

For those who don’t know, Angel Bunny (as Fluttershy) says this:

“I want to marry Discord.”

let me watch the episode and get back to you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16