Fimfiction Editorial 305 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Wanderer D
Group Admin

Anyone with mad skillz feels like helping out with the banner? I'd try my hand but I'm not that good with images to make something actually interesting! :twilightblush:

Ah dangnabit! I'm still a bit busy on that TSC picture, but I can certainly handle an additional banner depending on complexity. What do you have in mind? I think something similar to this:

or this:

might be pretty appropriate.

Or if you have other ideas, or have some pictures you'd like me to mash together, that'll be fine too! Just let me know! :twilightsmile:

Wanderer D
Group Admin

2539590 Yes! Something along those lines would be awesome! As long as it reflects what the editorial is about, then it would definitely work! It doesn't need to be fancy :raritystarry:

Obselescence
Group Admin

Well now, that's just almighty bosslike. Something like that stuff would be darn cool.

Awesome! I think I can whip up one of those within half a week or so. :raritywink: Is there any specific things that you'd like have in it? Or would you like to leave it completely up to me?

I got an idea. We'll make a thread about this over at /b/, and take the image everyone hates. :pinkiecrazy:

Obselescence
Group Admin

Do as your heart desires, for it speaks truth.

And pumps blood.

:D

Which is to say, nothing specific on our end. Go nuts.

Alright, I have a few of preliminary drafts that I think might serve as a banner depending on what you'd think will be most appropriate (mainly because my heart is quite an indecisive li'le organ :twilightblush:). Here's the concepts:

Personally, I like the second one the best, but I want to get some of your feedback before I commit to any of them. Please say so if you'd like anything to be revised, since changing it at later stages would be much more difficult. Otherwise, just give me the greenlight on which one you'd like. :twilightsmile:

Obselescence
Group Admin

Well, snap me sideways, that's pretty awesome.

I'm personally loving the second one too, and can't see any changes I'd want to make... So yes. I dig it.

Probably ought to wait for D/Nick to weigh in before anything else, but color me impressed. :V

Wanderer D
Group Admin

2560729 Wow. All three are pretty cool! But yeah, that second one is awesome! It has mah vote!

I can make something up in Photoshop. The only problem is, it's at school. Anything in mind for the banner?

I'm thinking pretty white such as a classical notepad and classy writing.

Nicknack
Group Admin

I'd go with 2, as well. 1 is a little bit plain, for Fimfic; 3 is a little busy / the title doesn't quite stand out compared to the headline on the paper.

Thank you, though. They're all good on their own, but I like 2 the best for a banner. :twilightblush:

Thanks a bunch, all of yah! :twilightsmile: Numbah two it is!

And after two hours of me having no idea what I'm doing, here's the release candidate:

Take a look over it and try to spot anything that needs revising. For instance, I've been told that I make things too bright, but I often can't help myself. :derpytongue2: If you're perfectly satisfied, then this should be my final product. Hope you like it! :twilightsmile:

Hmm, do you think we should make this a rotating banner?

Wanderer D
Group Admin

2567855 2563417 That could work. We could use one for the group and another for the site posts as well!

Also, Conicer, that's very, very awesome! We should put it up while we figure how to rotate the banners or if one will go here and the other in the posts.

This banner is 100% approved by Twilight's Li- by me. Looking good, though with my profile picture, I may be biased...

--arcum42

Yip

2567855 Love this.

The thing with me is that I take existing pictures and just jam them together. I only know simple things with Photoshop, thus producing simple things.

I'm going to attempt to make one today at school and hope it'll turn out good.

We can make it a rotating banner or have people vote on their favorite one.

Edit: I failed.

Nicknack
Group Admin

Awesome!

And dibs on being the angry-looking one in the back!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18