Apple Bloom is Best Pony 928 members · 1,692 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Shirley Not Serious
Group Contributor

This thread is to be used for admins to communicate what they are planning.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

To be more specific, admins don't get notified automatically of what other admins are doing, which makes it easy for us to tread on each other's hooves. If we note changes in this thread, it'll be easier to keep track of what's going on (and easier to recognise admins for their hard work!)

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

All right. Let's see:

For April Fools, I switched out banners for silliness sake, and put them back afterwards.

Also, I recently cleaned up the front page description, and added a picture. If anypony prefers a different picture, go for it. Though I might go back and try to remove the hub logo from it.

And I've generally been adding stories if I read Apple Bloom fanfics that aren't in there...

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I went back and removed the logo from the front page picture.

I also have these two pictures sitting around, if anypony has a use for them:

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I love that first one! In fact I think that would look much better on the front page, who can resist a face like that? :)

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, all right, I suppose I can substitute the "cock-a-thingy" picture on the front page.(I often name pictures for what was being said at the time.) I'll just leave the original in this thread for use elsewhere.

Shirley Not Serious
Group Contributor

856295 Thanks for changing the picture! :pinkiehappy:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

np. Though I would like to use the other picture somewhere, after having taken the time to remove the hub logo. Not sure where at the moment.

I've also been reading A Heart of Change and Apple Bloom is the viewpoint character an awful lot in the first three chapters. It's a sequel to Scion of Chaos, though, which is almost entirely Sweetie Belle, and needs that fanfic for context. So I'm not totally sure if I should add it or not.

Both are very good fanfics either way, of course.

Shirley Not Serious
Group Contributor

858851 If you're talking about adding them both, then I would. It would be horrid to our group members if we added a story, but guaranteed confusion without also adding its previous.

Shirley Not Serious
Group Contributor

I'm going to start a Featured Read of the Week. This week will be: The Mill. This story is short, which belies its simple nature. The above mentioned allows the author to pummel the audience with a metaphorical hammer of emotion.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Good idea! I did a Recommended Read a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to make it a weekly thing. :)

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I only just noticed that you'd put the Featured Read on the front page. I'm thinking that we need to do two things to make a Featured Read work: firstly, rearrange the front page so that the Featured Read is near the top, and secondly, announce it with a forum thread so that members get notified about it and can discuss it, as members mostly don't check the front page.

Shirley Not Serious
Group Contributor

897890 That would be a better ides. We could organize that next week.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I've been kinda busy with setting up as admin on the Sweetie Belle group. I had SilentBelle bring her Sweetie Belle reviews over there, and one of them, To Love and Cherish, was as much or more about Apple Bloom, so I added it in.

I'm kinda thinking that it should also be in the "Best of Apple Bloom" folder after reading it...

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I uploaded a group icon for until we have time to look around and decide the best icon for the group.

--Sweetie Belle

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Banner is now hosted on Fimfiction.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yay! One less group for me to do that on...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I unstickied an old thread or two, and stickied the picture thread...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Did a group coup and took over the founder position from "Shirley Not Serious", who has not been on fimfiction since 2017.

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I've also updated the group icon to be the same, but a new screen capture of the same thing, to try and make it sharper.

It took a couple false starts. I was thinking it would've been from an Apple Bloom centric episode, but this is from Sisterhooves Social! (The scene where Apple Bloom runs around with a bucket on her head while Applejack chuck rotten apples at it.)

For consistency, added arcum42 to the admin list while removing Shirley Not Serious. I'll probably be tweaking the admin lists a bit in the cmc groups.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20