Romance is Magic! 1,721 members · 5,373 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So I am thinking of writing a story where a mare meets a couple of individuals, all of whom eventually develop romantic feelings for her. The question I want to ask is, what advice might you all have for a story with multiple love interests?

Wimp out and end it with a big polypile. That’s what I do.

Funny, I don’t mind killing ponies off (and in the stories) but I hate breaking their poor hearts. :rainbowhuh:

Love, like ice cream, is an absolute good. But also like ice cream, it comes in different flavors.

So what could shake out is: one lover is like the sibling you never had, one lover is like an elder teacher, and one lover ends up being the perfect snogbuddy.

And while there first two relationships end up being Platonic, your protagonist ends up spending the most time with them, and only occasionally hooks up with the snogbuddy. Who is good with that.

Is that polyamory? I dunno.

6645663 I don't think I will kill any ponies off, however I doubt there will be any piles.

6645692 That is an interesting thought.

6646048 Yeah I am thinking it will be a romantic comedy. There probably will be some drama as well as some eerie elements involving monster ponies and a mad scientist.

I have a few ideas how to set it up and balance out the various love interests. Depending on how badly I want to torture myself there is a chance there might be a special ending chapter for each of the characters (if you know what I mean).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6