World War Bronies 733 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

What is your favorite World War movie(s)?
Mine are "War Horse" and "Schindler's List." Both directed by Steven Spielberg.

Saving Private Ryan, Windtalkers, Some Japanese boat movie and The Thin Red Line are the only good WW2 movies I kinda remember. :ajsleepy:

Japanese boat movie? You mean, "Unbroken?"

Dunkirk and saving private Ryan

It might have been named after the actual ship, Yamato might have been the name but i'm not sure.

Fury, Joyeux Noel, Hacksaw Ridge, Flags of our Fathers, and Letters from Iwo Jima.

'Tora! Tora! Tora!' is always a good watch, so is 'Saving Private Ryan'. Also I believe it was 'My Way', a movie about a Japanese soldier that was captured by the soviets, made to fight for them in a "voluntary" penal battalion, who was later captured by the Germans (who I believe he also fought for).

Actually "My Way" inspired by the true story of a Korean named Yang Kyoungjong.

But in the movie, same thing but there are two rivals in the movie, a Korean and a Japanese fought together on three fronts from the Mongolian border to Normandy.

The Fury, Saving Private Ryan and Enemy at the Gates (Movies)
Band of Brothers and the Pacific (TV shows)

WWI: All Quiet on the Western Front
WWII: The Longest Day

Yeah I knew it was based on real events, just a long time since I've watched it. :twilightsmile:

WW2:Stalingrad(2013) Fury, Saving Private Ryan and Battle of the Bulge,WW2:All quiet on the western front,War horse

Dunkirk and Band of Brothers for WW2 and Aces High and All Quiet on The Western Front for WW1

In no specific order:

Patton
Saving Private Ryan
Hacksaw Ridge
Dunkirk
Unbroken
Fury
The Longest Day
A movie about a B-17G bomber crew, can't remember the name
War Horse
All Quiet on the Western Front
War Games (if that can count as a film)

These are the ones I can think of from the top of my head.

Operation Petticoat.

Kot

Fury and Inglorious Bastards

A Bridge Too Far is one of my favorites. For those who don't know it's about Operation Market Garden. Market Garden was an plan developed by Monty in September of 1944 to end the war by Christmas.

dragonfang33
Group Admin

WWI: The Lost Battalion, Company K
WWII: Saving Private Ryan, the Big Red One, Band of Brothers, the Pacific, Flags of Our Fathers, Letters Home from Iwo Jima, Downfall, Schindler's List, Escape from Sobibor, USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage

Nice to see someone knows Joyeux Noel :pinkiehappy:. Christmas Truce and all.

Anyways, to everyone:
Hacksaw Ridge is just too boring :ajsleepy:. It was only in the end that was the highlight. The American trainers are nothing new in the movie industry giving some laughs :pinkiesmile:. Fury has some historical inaccuracies. Well, just ask John or Potential History. And one tank VS infantry is like... Ehh... :trixieshiftright: Enemy at the Gates, would give it a B-. It romanticised, or tried too hard with some scenes. Though it also has relationships like the kid who... Yeah and concerning with loyalty. Then you know, the two best friends that got in an issue. War Horse was definitely a unique perspective on the war :rainbowkiss:. Would definitely give it 29/10! ALl Quiet on the Western Front. Hmm... One question... Which one? The older or newer version? Both are still good. But did add a few more narratives. Saving Private Ryan is the good shit though. That or Mystic forgot how good or bad it was. Need to rewatch then. BTW, anyone watched the series of Band of Brothers like>>6051672 and and The Pacific ? The Pacific felt more brutal though... Those Japanese are just insane :pinkiecrazy:!

Later on though, planning to watch A Very Long Engagement and maybe The Lost Battalion at some point since Sabaton :coolphoto: did make a music about them. Really focusing on WW1 atm. Anyone have other suggestions? You can include WWII too!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19