World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

I'd vote for the Panzer I. Not just because it was the first Panzer, but becasue it was designed for training and then actually used in combat. I can see why, but it just didn't work out for the most part.

Now tell us your worst tank candidate.

dragonfang33
Group Admin

Of all the tanks put on the battlefield during the war in my opinion the one that takes the cake as worst tank of the war is the French Char 2C Super-Heavy Tank. Why?

Needed a Crew of 12
Weighed 69 Tonnes (unable to be supported by bridges or roads of the era)
Height of 13 ft a width of 10 ft and a length of 33 ft, making it easy prey for anti-tank guns
Top Speed 9 miles an hour
Armor at it's thickest was only 45mm of bolted steel armor, further weakened by the crew entrance (a swinging door on the side as oppose to a hatch)
Was designed during World War I, and was obsolete by the time it saw service in the Battle of France
Range of only 93 miles
Was held back for propaganda movies, and 9 of the 10 produced tanks were blown up and the tenth captured, while they were being evacuated south.
None ever engaged a single Panzer

The Soviet T-35

Specifications
Weight 45 tonnes
Length 9.72 m
Width 3.20 m
Height 3.43 m
Crew 11
Armor 11–30 mm
Main
armament
76.2 mm gun model 27/32
Secondary
armament
2 × 45 mm 20k guns, 5 or 6 × 7.62 mm DT machine guns
Engine 12-cyl. petrol Mikulin M-17M
500 hp (370 kW)
Power/weight 11 hp/tonne
Suspension Coil spring
Operational
range
150 km
Speed 30 km/h

Most of them lost during Barbarossa not to German fire but mechanical problems.

Maybe it doesn't count because it didn't see action, but...

"Ivan... how much did we drink last night?"

3780430 That was my first idea.

I also have to suggest the Ratte.

How they expected to build one of these and maintain it, not to mention even being able to drive it, is beyond me. Good thing Speer stepped in and told everyone just how absolutely idiotic this plan was.

3780660 Oh yeah, it counts. We might even have a winner. :rainbowlaugh:

The Ferdinand

The engine was shit it would more likely catch on fire that be taken out by enemy fire. it had no machine gun port to start then added it later.

The Panzer VIII Maus. 207 tons of of rolling roadblock.

3780948 Thats not even a tank thats a god damned battleship

3779953 the French Renault tanks during WW2.

dragonfang33
Group Admin

Hitler one uped every thing with this one

Presenting the Landkreuzer P 1500 Monster, Self Propelled Super Heavy Railroad Gun. A 1500 tonne, 100+ man "Landcruiser" that was to essentially be a land battleship armed with a 800mm Railroad Gun and numerous smaller weapons and powered by 2 U-Boat Engines

3781842 I don't think it was used

dragonfang33
Group Admin

Wasn't even built, Speer canceled it along with the Ratte realizing it was impossible, but the smaller Gustov and Dora Railroad Guns were used in combat

3781885 if that thing was used, the war would've gone different.

Poodicus
Group Admin

Doubt it. The thing is a giant Air target, and more than likely would've been hit before it could do any real damage. Not to mention, while the gun is huge, it also takes a very long time to reload. As dragonfang pointed out, the Gustav and Dora were pretty much railroad versions of that, and had a ten minute reload timer, because each shell weighed 7 tonnes, and had to be moved using a cart on the rails themselves.

For candidate for worst tank though, mine has to be either the Type 89 Chi-Ro tank, or the Type 95 Ha-Go light tank.
Both were so fragile, that they could get one-shotted by M4 Shermans.

Chi-Ro

Ha-Go

3782131 you never know. One shell could easily cause a city to panic even more and the Luftwaffe could fight well, even at a disadvantage.

While this isn't as bad as some of the tanks on here, it's still pretty bad. Let's run down this tank's stats.

Weight: 27 tons
Length: 5.64 meters
Width: 2.72 meters
Height: 3.12 meters
Crew: 7

Armor: Up to 51 millimeters
Main armament: 1 75 mm Gun M3 in the hull, capacity for 46 rounds.
1 37 mm gun M6 in the turret, capacity for 178 rounds.
Secondary armament: 2-4 M1919 A4 machine guns, over 9,000 rounds of ammunition.
Operational range: 193 km
Speed: On-road, 42 km/h
Off-road, 26 km/h

3781930 Worst tank confirmed.

dragonfang33
Group Admin

The Gustov was fired at Sevastopol, shooting 48 shells (pretty much all of it's ammo)

3785712 pounded the Russian city hard. The other was more towards Italy, shelling the Allied forces there.

dragonfang33
Group Admin

It destroyed an ammunition bunker that was burred underground

Also the guns used at Anzio was the K5, a far smaller gun, Anzio Anne was 11in, the Gustov and Dora were 30in, and never left the Eastern Front

3785794 the railway guns always packed a punch, but by WW2, were weak to air attacks.

3785799 There's always a bigger fish... or a smaller fish that keeps stabbing you in the foot.

There's always a bigger fish

Qui-Gon quote.

3786965 Now I remember where I heard that!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28