The Bionicle Group 241 members · 63 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Like it says on the tin, what are the Great Beings? From what I know, they were an ancient race of scientists who made Mata-Nui, the Toa, the Mataron, basically the Bionicle Universe (which really is Mata-Nui). But what are they? Are they humans, or are they more biomechanical? I'm just wondering.

If my memory serves me correctly, they're a step up from Great Spirits. So they're like, Gods who make gods.

Edit: I guess that makes them meta-meta-physical?

2358244 It's generally implied, or at least assumed, that they're biomechanicals as well, and I've always figured they're somewhat bigger than the average Titan/Warrior-type (Tuma, Brutaka, etc.)

I believe that technically they are beings who were originally pure organic with massive humongo ginormus powers of the mind, both psychically and in terms of intellect. They are real beings. They lived in their own castle-place on Spherus Magna, where they tested the properties of energized protodermis. They have physical bodies, as seen in BIONICLE Legend, when two of them had to physically carve out a set of stairs into Mt. Valmai. Thing is, their psychic powers make them imperceptible to those around them if they so chose. All we know for sure is that they always wore a badass cloak that obscures their features. Bionicle isn't Bionicle without some aura of mystery.

Toa Coy
Group Admin

2358244 coming from the same planet as Gladitorians and Skrall think of them as larger versions of that plus we know of two of them

2358656 Where do you get that number? I count the 2 that created the chamber of the mask of life, the crazy one cursed by the mask that Vezon met, the named great being who the female skrall worship, who also created Marender, and Velika for 5.

Toa Coy
Group Admin

2365022 I meant for the ones that had speaking roles, not a total. while Velika is something that we learned about recently and is in a matoran gab

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7